Lisa Thomas M.Sc, MBACP (accred), FCIPD
There are times when you may feel that you need support to deal with events and changes in your life and during such times it can be helpful to talk to a trained professional counsellor/psychotherapist.
I have many years experience working with individuals and with teams within voluntary settings, business settings, educational settings and private consultancy. I am an experienced counsellor/psychotherapist working in private practice in Romsey/ Southampton and I am a Tutor on Counselling Training Courses.
I am a fully qualified and accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and I work with adults, children and young people.
I offer both short-term and open ended long-term counselling. On some occasions just one assessment and one further session may be all that is required.
I have extensive training which enables me to offer you a safe, non-judgemental space and an individual counselling service to suit you. I am very flexible and my work is tailored to meet your individual needs and preferences.
Training, qualifications & experience
- M.Sc in Social Sciences, University of Southampton
- WPF Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- CIPD Diploma in Personnel Management
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- British Psychological Society's Register of Qualified Testing (Personality and Occupational Tests including Myers Briggs Type Indicator, OPQ, FiroB, Career Inventory etc.)
- Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel Managers
I am also trained in:-
- Stress Management
- Anger Management
- Single Session Integrated Therapy
- Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Career Counselling
- Workplace Mediation
- Personal Effectiveness
- Team Effectiveness
- Executive Coaching
- Culture Change
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
90 minute initial session - £60.00
50 minute weekly sessions - £50.00
Fees and duration of counselling can be discussed further at our first meeting. (Should you be experiencing financial difficulty a reduced rate can be negotiated).
My accreditation is reviewed annually to ensure that my continuous professional development and high standard of counselling and psychotherapy is maintained. I work within the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists ethical framework to ensure professional practice.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am very flexible and my work is tailored to your individual needs.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|