Lisa Sheppard - Registered Member of the BACP - CBT Practitioner
37 Hamlet Court Road
***I WORK WITH ADULTS, ADOLESCENTS AND CHILDREN***
***I OFFER ONE TO ONE COUNSELLING AND COGNITIVE
BEHAVIOURAL THERAPY SESSIONS***
***AS A REGISTERED MEMBER OF THE 'BACP' I FULLY ADHERE TO ALL THEIR
REGULATIONS, INCLUDING DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY
- Are past experiences getting in the way of the present?
- Do anxiety and depression interfere with your ability to enjoy life?
- Do you have difficulty in managing your emotions?
- Do you engage in behaviours that are not good for you?
- Do you want to take your inner critic less seriously?
- Is your avoidance leading to significant problems in your life?
- Have you suffered from trauma or childhood abuse?
- Are you having difficulties with relationships, your job or career?
- Are you a concerned parent of a child with troubles?
Whatever reason brings you to my page today, I am so glad that you came across it.
It is easy to become disconnected from our relationships and ourselves, and lose sight of our values and goals. Fortunately our personal struggles do not have to define who we are. Change is possible and it can be a remarkable and liberating thing; in fact, change can offer us a unique opportunity for personal growth and development.
Change can impact upon our circumstances and the way in which we choose to view and interact with others too, because – ‘We often don’t see things as they actually are, we more often than not see them as we are’.
You have the right to feel emotionally healthy and this can begin when you give yourself permission to explore and address your personal experience, emotions and behaviours; especially if they are disrupting your life. Together we can discover what's beneath your symptoms.
Reaching out is incredibly brave. Change takes courage, because acknowledging the need for help can be uncomfortable, painful or frightening.
When you are seeking therapy, finding the right counsellor is very important. With the right counsellor, you will feel understood, valued and safe to explore difficult issues. During your assessment session you will have the opportunity to explore your struggles, share your expectations and discuss any goals that you may have - your needs and concerns are the very focus of my practice. You will also be given the opportunity to ask me questions and gain an understanding of how I work therapeutically as a counsellor utilising person-centred and cognitive behavioural therapies/skills.
My role is to help you define your goals and create a supportive and collaborative partnership that empowers you to achieve them. Together we will develop strategies and skills to facilitate a sense of wellbeing in your life. Collaboratively we can encourage change, promote self-awareness and in the process, deepen your resilience and self-compassion. I will stand beside you as you share your story and address your struggles, offering you empathy and support along the way.
Counselling provides you with the opportunity to slow down, understand the origin of your issues, examine emotional and behavioural patterns that may be ineffective and make more conscious choices about how to live.
Therapy can also provide alternative solutions for dealing with conflict and more constructive ways to manage your anxiety, depression or relational struggles.
Some clients feel the need to explore their past in order to move forward, others opt to stay in the here and now. Whilst I believe that an understanding of the past is essential, I think it’s very important to remember that positive change occurs in the present.
I believe that the counselling relationship is at the very heart of effective therapy. Therefore my philosophy is that it takes a person to help a person. It would be an honour to assist you in your journey towards health and wellness - using insight, understanding and compassion; sustainable changes can happen.
If you would prefer a telephone assessment this can be arranged.
Thank you for your consideration and for taking the time to read my page and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Registered Member of the BACP.
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies.
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
- Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills.
- Level 1 Safeguarding Children (LSCB).
- Level 2 Safeguarding Children (LSCB).
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery.
- I am highly experienced in working within primary and secondary schools; counselling students, staff and parents.
- I am accomplished in people and business management.
- I currently run a successful and effective private practise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Initial assessments are £25.
My fees are £35 for a 50 minute, individual therapy session.
Reduced fees are also available for therapists in training.
As my diary is flexible, I do work evenings and some weekends. Please contact me for further information.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and Evening appointments currently available - Please contact me for further information.
Types of client