Lisa Proudfoot - Dip TA Counselling COSCA accred reg
I am an experienced counsellor offering an integrative approach to counselling. I hold a Cosca diploma in counselling. I can offer you a safe & confidential space to explore whatever is causing you distress.
I previously volunteered for 5 years with Safe Space in Dunfermline and for the Drug and Alcohol Project Levenmouth (DAPL) in Fife before establishing my own private practice in Edinburgh.
Since then I have developed expertise in the treatment of anxiety & depression, addictions, eating disorders, bereavement & loss, anger management, relationship issues, post natal depression, low self esteem, suicidal thoughts, work related stress, childhood trauma and the effects from either physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
I am a practitioner member of Cosca and I have monthly clinical supervision with an experienced BACP accredited supervisor.
I can offer you a free initial introductory session and an individual therapy treatment plan to meet your needs.
I deliver my counselling sessions within private premises off Ferry road in Edinburgh. On street parking is available and a regular bus service is in operation.
How do I get started?
If you think that you would like to meet with me for counselling you can initially phone or email and we can arrange a suitable day and time. At the first session we can discuss what you might like to get out of counselling, how often you would like to meet and any other relevant issues. It will also give you a chance to decide if you might like to come again and how you feel about us working together.
What is the process?
I will work with you to help you explore & understand your situation or the issue that you have come to counselling to address, & enable you to make the necessary changes in your life in order to facilitate your personal growth & development, as you gain increasing confidence & a more positive sense of self.
What if you need to cancel?
Please give me at least 24 hours notice if you cannot attend. Short notice cancellation will require you to pay for the session if you do not attend.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Cosca Diploma in Transactional analysis counselling
- Higher national certificate in social care
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) trained with Nhs Scotland
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Chronic pain syndrome
Photos & videos
- £40 for individuals - 60 minute session
- Free initial introductory session - 30 minutes
A limited number of lower cost spaces for individual sessions are available for students or those on low incomes. These slots are morning & afternoon appointments.
- £30 - 60 minute session
I accept payment via cash only. Sessions begin on the hour so I have time to prepare for my session with you.
- All counselling and therapy sessions are confidential.
- I abide by the Ethics as set out by COSCA, which can be seen at www.cosca.org.uk
- I am registered with data protection.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 9am-9pm
Types of client