Lindsey Shepherd - MBACP (Reg), MSc, PGDip, BSc(Hons).
I am a fully qualified Pluralistic Counsellor and Psychotherapist. The Pluralistic approach allows me to offer a tailor made therapy in accordance with your individual needs. I believe that you are the expert of yourself and already hold the key to overcoming difficulties and discovering your true potential and it is my job to offer the necessary tools in order for you to do this. My training has given me the skills to offer tools from many different therapy approaches, and I will work collaboratively with you to find the best fit. I have extensive experience of working with many forms of problems with living, ranging from mild to severe. I have helped many people overcome difficult periods in their lives, and have vast experience of working with the impact of childhood trauma and sexual violence.
It is not an easy step, making the decision to embark on a therapy journey, and that is why it is vital that you find the experience that is right for you. Counselling or Therapy can change your life in ways you never imagined.
What is the difference between Counselling and Psychotherapy? The terms are often used interchangeably, and this can be confusing to many.
Counselling has the potential to help with everyday problems in living for example relationship difficulties, parenting, divorce, financial difficulties, problems with health, bereavement, and any other challenges that arise in everyday living.
Psychotherapy can offer tools and resources to overcome longer term and more deeply seated issues such as depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, chronic stress, unresolved grief and offers deeper exploration and the opportunity to uncover the root cause of often debilitating symptoms.
In addition to dealing with severe and debilitating symptoms, Counselling and Therapy also help to enhance self-awareness, improve relationships and make sense of troubling situations and experiences. I offer a safe and confidential space to facilitate exploration and guide you on your own personal journey of self-discovery. My skills and experience are drawn from approaches to therapy including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and commitment Therapy (ACT), Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis, Motivational Interviewing, Solution focused and Narrative Therapy. Through years of training, personal research and CPD I have an extensive tool box brimming with tried and tested methods to help you discover the skills and resources necessary to steer you back on your desired life path.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Therapeutic Support Worker - Rape and Sexual Abuse Centre (P&K).
- Volunteer Counsellor - Insight Counselling Services - Dundee
- Sessional Counsellor - Angus Carers.
- Private Counsellor/ Psychotherapist Shepherd Counselling Services.
- Registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapsits.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- MSc Pluralistic Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- BSc with Hons Psychology.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
I offer a free initial session, which gives you the opportunity to discuss what you are seeking therapy for and to decide if we are the right fit for each other.
£40.00 Per 60 minute session.
Concessions for those who may need.
As a registered member of BACP, I take being trustworthy as a serious ethical commitment and am committed to sustaining and advancing good practice. I am committed to ongoing professional development and have attended regular CPD events and workshops.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client