Lindsey Lucking PGDip MBACP
Many of us lead demanding and difficult lives. You may be struggling to cope, feeling misunderstood or ready to work through unresolved issues.
You are taking the first step to make space to focus on your personal wellbeing.
Therapeutic Counselling to Improve Life Management
I've been a qualified Person Centred therapist for over 12 years. My work is governed by the ethical framework of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
I offer a supportive, non-judgemental, non-shaming relationship to help you to make real changes in how you manage your life. My work promotes moving towards living authentically, building self-esteem and having a quieter mind.
Life’s challenges can have an ongoing impact on day to day living. Issues range from anxiety, GAD, depression, isolation, relationship/family issues, work-stress, anger, abuse, neglect, PTSD and childhood trauma.
Clients are encouraged towards a healthier mindset, adopting strategies and practical skills to move forward in a sustained, positive and self-regulating way.
It’s never too late to benefit from therapy. Counselling changes lives irrespective of age, gender, sexuality, culture and diversity.
Training, qualifications & experience
I run my own private practice and have experience of working in educational settings, health services, therapeutic agencies and the criminal justice system. I have a relaxed, integrative approach, incorporating training and experience in humanistic, existential, CBT and coaching principles. I am also a qualified Mental Health First Aider and a member of the BACP Workplace Division. Staying current with continuous learning is important to me. My qualifications, training and experience include;
- Certificate in Counselling (Pre Practitioner Training)
- PostGradDip Counselling Psychotherapy (MBACP Accredited) Thames Valley University
- Approved status as Specialist Counsellor Victims First Thames Valley Police
- Bucks MIND Quick Access Team
- CBT Oxford Cognitive Therapy Centre (Anxiety Disorders)
- BACP Coaching Skills in Therapeutic Practice
- Oxford Health NHS Supporting People with Attachment Issues
- Buckinghamshire CAMHS Understanding Children’s Attachment Needs In School
- Understanding Adolescent Development Psychodynamic Perspective Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Buckinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) - Bucks MIND
- Adult Mental Health First Aider MHFA
- Attachment Training Bucks MIND
- Mental Health Awareness for Sport & Physical Activity MHASPA
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Confidential Workplace Counselling Referrals;
Timely professional workplace intervention benefits employers and employees alike. The workplace counselling support that I offer is accessible, elective and discretionary.
My work is best suited as a primary intervention for mild to moderate presentations, disorders or conditions.
When you commit to counselling, you are giving yourself something of value.
We can meet for an informal chat to decide if we are the appropriate fit to work together.
Please contact me for fees, corporate rates and concessions.
Contained, safe, talking-therapy can be the most valuable thing you invest in for yourself.
Is there something preventing you from doing what you want to do or from behaving in the way that you want?
Taking the next step to speak your truth about experiences, thoughts, feelings, and deeply held beliefs can be a game changing, reviving experience.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please ring or email me for availability.
Types of client