Linda Uwaoma Nweke BA (Hons) Dip MBACP (Reg) Psychotherapist/ Trainee Supervisor
Do you feel overwhelmed by the challenges of life?
Do you feel that something definitely has to change?
Do you need someone to talk to?
Life consists of a massive chain of challenges, and the journey of life is unavoidably split into seasons and times. Some seasons are good and pleasant, while others are harsh and uncomfortable. That’s when we need help. When change is required it creates the need to talk to someone who really cares.
My name is Linda. I am a Psychotherapist and Counsellor working with a number of therapeutic approaches that I tailor to suit the needs of each client. In addition to using different approaches, I believe the therapeutic alliance that evolves between my client and me is pivotal in the healing process and is the foundation of our work together.
My passion is to help people. I became aware of this in my previous careers in health and social care, and as a volunteer therapist with various organisations. These experiences opened my eyes and my heart to the needs of those around me. From my work, I discovered that many people are anxious, depressed, lonely and in desperate need of someone who cares enough to wait and listen.
I have come to believe in my ability to be a good listener. And when I listen, I endeavour to listen passionately. I listen with everything within me. I listen for needs. I listen for pain. I listen for both the spoken and the unspoken. This is part of what originally inspired me to get a qualification in counselling.
New Day 4 U Counselling and Psychotherapy services is a safe space for everyone to reflect and offload. I offer short or long term therapy to adults and adolescents. I am experienced in dealing with issues related to bereavement, anxiety, depression, self-harm, self-esteem and relationship.
I offer supervision at the rate of £50.00 per session, however, there is a reduced rate for students.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Middlesex University/The Minster Centre London - MA Professional Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Ongoing)
- Middlesex University London - BA (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Metanoia Institute Ealing, London - Diploma in Person Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- City & Guilds, London - NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Abia State University, Nigeria - BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature.
Current Work Experience:
- Founder, New Day 4 U Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Counsellor/psychotherapist at BishopsHolt School Uxbridge, Hillingdon
Previous Work Experience:
- Counsellor/psychotherapist at Harlington Hospice (H4 All - Hillingdon Mind)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
£50.00 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|