Linda Thomas - Counselling, EFT, Mindfulness, Mindful Self Compassion,
What do I offer?
Hi, I'm Linda, I am a counsellor based in the Cirencester area, Gloucestershire. and online via Zoom. My approach incorporates mindfulness, self compassion and energy psychology. I have a personal love of the healing properties that can be found in nature.
Life affects us all and sometimes there comes a time when we need to reach out for help. I have over 10 years of experience working with adults on a one to one basis, offering both short and long term therapeutic support to individuals who are experiencing difficulties that may be affecting their health, relationships, work and the way they feel about themselves.
I feel passionate about helping people understand their difficulties and expanding their self awareness, knowledge and coping skills - awareness is the key to healing and change.
I offer a warm, compassionate, confidential space where you can talk freely about your concerns; feel accepted for who you are, listened to and start to make sense of what you are experiencing. This can lead to a sense of feeling more empowered to make choices that will help you to move forwards in a way that works for you.
If you thinking about having counselling I suggest giving me a call, or booking an initial appointment which gives us the opportunity to meet each other, for me to hear about you and why you are looking for support at this time and for you to see if you feel comfortable with me and get a feel of how I work. At this stage there is no commitment to ongoing meetings.
As your counsellor I offer short and long term sessions and aim to:
- Provide a safe, compassionate space for you to feel listened to
- Respect and value you as a person
- Help you express your emotions
- Help you gain understanding and insight into your feelings and worries
- Help you to find your own solutions and a way forwards
- Help you develop more skills/tools to manage your life
- Help you to identify what cannot be changed and bring acceptance to what cannot be changed
I understand how hard it can be to juggle work and family commitments, you may be in ill-health, have transport difficulties or live further afield. For this reason I offer flexibility with appointments and the option of telephone counselling or Zoom sessions if you would prefer, (please phone/email to discuss if this would be suitable for your needs).
I provide counselling and for student counsellors at reduced rates.
Training, qualifications & experience
I experience working in the voluntary sector, NHS (GP Surgeries), a national charity and private practice with a wide variety of adults, adolescents and couples with a range of difficulties; stress, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem/confidence, bereavement, relationship problems, family difficulties, health problems, trauma, anger, sexual abuse, work difficulties and unresolved issues from the past.
I recently trained in energy psychotherapy which incorporates energy psychology methods into psychotherapy, these methods work with the bio energy systems, our chakras, meridians and bio field, to remove disruptions to our energy system caused by distressing events.
I am trained in using: Chakra Clearing and Emotional Freedom Technique - (EFT)
Chakra Clearing can be a powerful process to deal with profound traumas in a way that is safe and non traumatising.
I also have a particular interest in helping clients develop self-compassion through Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), which helpful for clients who experience issues with their self-critic, guilt or shame.I have trained in the CFT approach to working with shame based trauma.
Prior to becoming a counsellor I had a career in nursing and have experience of how psychological difficulties can arise from a physical illness.
I have experience working with adults, adolescents and couples from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds gained through the voluntary sector, 6 years of working in GP surgeries in the NHS and private practice.
In Bristol I worked for a national charity, seeing clients and their families who have suffered distress around long term health problems and facing end of life. Together we found ways of facing the challenges they were facing, managing and reducing the distress that this brings and coming to terms with the changes that their illness brings to their life, adjusting to their ‘new normal’ and finding ways of moving forwards.
Training & Qualifications
- Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness, 2019
- Energy Psychotherapy and EFT, (Emotional Freedom Technique), 2018
- Masters in Mindfulness & Compassion - 2013 - 2016
- Mindful Self Compassion Teacher Training - 2015
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2007
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies 2005
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills 2005
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling 2004
- Supervision Certificate 2013
- Principles of CBT, University of South West England 2009
- Introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy - CFT - Professor Paul Gilbert 2013
- Introduction to Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) for Depression - Prof Mark Williams 2010
- Mindfulness in Medicine and Psychology a first hand approach - John Kabat-Zinn 2010
- Foundation in Mindfulness Professional Training 2010
- Mindfulness Teacher Training (MBSR/MBCT) 2010
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for Cancer (MBCT-Ca) - Bangor University 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2009
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy 2009
- Couple Therapy For Depression 2012
- CBT for phobias, social anxiety, health anxiety, depression, chronic pain, chronic fatigue, OCD, generalised anxiety, diabetes, panic disorder and agoraphobia 2009 - 2014
- TA101 - Transactional Analysis 2011
- ACT - Acceptance Commitment Therapy - Stephen Hayes 2011
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
The counselling sessions I offer are 50 minutes long and cost £60.
My fees are reviewed annually, (28 days notice will be given when charges are increased)
I offer a limited number of concessionary rates, please ask.
Fees are payable at each session by cash, or BACS if paid 48 hours in advance.
My counselling room in Lea, near Malmesbury has free onsite parking and disability access.
I am an accredited member of the BACP, British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and adhere to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy to ensure safe working and practice.
I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development and continue to engage in personal therapy, supervision and ongoing training for the benefit of my clients.
Please feel free to contact me for a chat with no obligation for us to work together, 07765 680618. If I am unable to answer your call, please leave a message on my confidential line and I will return your call as soon as possible or alternatively email me on:
email@example.com or have a look at my website www.mindfulminds.co.uk