Linda Stevens MBACP Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
Hi, I’m Linda, a counsellor working with adults, young people and children in my private practice and through community and voluntary organisations. I provide a quality, integrated therapy service within Chesterfield and the surrounding areas. Sessions are by appointment, with evening and weekend appointments available.
In addition to my private practice I undertake counselling project work, working with families alongside mainstream Children's Centre Services. I am also a Bereavement Counsellor for CRUSE and Committee Member of Everybody Hurts Support Group, supporting parents experiencing child to adult abuse.
You may be considering counselling to:
- better understand your own behaviours – particularly if they are unhelpful ones
- manage change & conflict - relationship issues / family issues / children / work & career / redundancy / life changes such as infertility / loss / bereavement
- help with common problems like low self-esteem / depression / anxiety / health concerns and disabilities
- help with more complex issues like trauma / abuse / terminal illness / suicide / suicidal thinking
I offer you the time, space and skills in a safe, supportive environment to enable you to think through and unravel the difficulties in your life. As an integrated therapist, I tailor the most appropriate therapy specifically to your needs as an individual at this time.
As children we have experiences that teach us how to relate to others and to the world around us. This continues to affect how we think and behave as adults and sometimes these effects can become unhelpful to us in our everyday life. My integrated therapy is based on the values of respect, empathy and genuineness for you, the client, and is centred around your individual needs, here and now.
Training, qualifications & experience
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Awareness in Bereavement Care
Children and Young People’s Bereavement and Grief
I have received specialised training in:
- depression, anxiety, self-esteem & confidence building
- suicide, trauma, and PTSD
- workplace counselling
- domestic violence and abuse – physical, sexual, emotional, financial (for both the victim and the perpetrator)
- safeguarding children & vulnerable adults
- children & young people’s counselling
and awareness training in:
- self harm
- eating disorders
- mood disorders
With continued commitment to my practice, I maintain training and continual professional development and am working towards BACP Accreditation.
In private practice since 2012.
Working with adults, children and young people needing support for bereavement, grief and loss.
Independently working with members of families at risk referred by Derbyshire Multi Agency Services.
Two years’ experience with a charity offering support to women experiencing/have previous experience of domestic abuse.
One year with a charity offering support to children and parents, working within a school environment.
Two years volunteering for Derbyshire County Council’s Youth Mentoring Scheme.
Prior to counselling training I worked for the NHS for 25 years, both within the Occupational Therapy Service and the Finance Department in a non-clinical role.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Counselling: £35 per 50 minute session - daytime
Counselling: £40 per 50 minute session - evenings & weekends
Family work: £40 per 60 minute session
Students undertaking counselling training £20
My Chesterfield practice is easily reached, just 12 mins from the M1 J29, straight down the A617 to the A61 Derby Road.
Street parking is available. Regular buses serve Derby Road, just a short walk away.
Access includes one step into the room.
An answerphone message can be left and I will return the contact as soon as possible. All contact is fully confidential.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime Mon-Thurs. Evening (after 6pm) Mon, Thur, Fri. Weekend sessions available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|