Linda Johnson (Dip.Couns, RMBACP)
~Empowering you to live your life your way~
I am an established Humanistic-Integrative Counsellor, Counselling Supervisor and Tutor working with a wide range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Issues including:
- Anger Management
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Bereavement and Grief
- Depression and Low Mood
- Personal Development
- Relationships and Intimacy
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Spiritual Development
- Stress related to family, home or work life.
I offer short-term solution foucssed and longer-term psychotherapeutic counselling services.
Counselling can help you:
- Become empowered to live your best life
- Challenge unhelpful beliefs of self or world
- Enhance emotional intelligence and resilience
- Improve relationship with self and others
- Learn self-care and set healthy boundaries
- Manage mental and physical health concerns
- Understand and challenge unhelpful life patterns
About My Work
I work as a professional counsellor and counselling supervisor in private practice, seeing a diverse range of people in both Peterborough City Centre and Market Deeping. I am also a counselling tutor at City College Peterborough.
Style and Orientation
My counselling approach is Integrative, being Humanistic (person centred) but incorporating Psychodynamics which focuses on the impact early relationships have in forming the personality and attachment patterns. I also utilise tools from other counselling approaches including Cognitive-Behaviour-Therapy, Creative Work, Gestalt, Neuro-Linguistic Programming and Transpersonal, where beneficial.
I work from a lovely therapy room at the 'Simply Chi Wellness Centre' in Peterborough City Centre. The venue is just a short walk from the train and bus stations and has some free on-site parking (there is also on-street metered parking directly outside and several carparks nearby).
I also offer appointments at a community venue in Market Deeping. The venue is easily accessed by car or bus from Bourne, Spalding, Stamford and the surrounding areas. There is free parking on site and the room is well situated for disabled access.
I was born to working class parents in North London, grew up in the home-counties, and moved to the local area in 2002. Prior to training as a Counsellor, I worked in PA and project coordination roles across the private, public and charity sectors. I am passionate about my development both personally and professionally and encouraging others to reach their full potential and live life on their terms.
To find out more about counselling and how I work please do visit my website www.lj-cs.co.uk or contact me to arrange an initial meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Award in Supervision (Ascentis)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (Ascentis)
- Mental Health Awareness (Ascentis)
- Award in Education and Training (City & Guilds)
Professional qualifications in progress
- Couples and Family Therapy Diploma (IAHT)
- Spiritual Coaching Certificate (BSY)
Continued professional development certificates
- A Child's Grief.
- An Introduction to Child Protection.
- An Introduction to Civil Funeral Celebrations.
- Anticipatory Grief & Maintaining Hope.
- Anxiety & OCD.
- Applying Theory to Your Practice.
- Bereaved through Murder or Manslaughter.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
- Counselling in a Prison Environment.
- Death by Suicide.
- Emergency First Aid.
- Forgiveness in a Secular Therapeutic Context.
- Hypnosis & the Unconscious Mind.
- Metaphor, Symbol & Story in the therapeutic context.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming - An Introduction.
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming - A Step On.
- Our Shadow Selves (A Psychological Perspective).
- Promoting Equality & Diversity.
- Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults.
- Sudden & Traumatic Death.
- Supervision Workshop.
- The Fascination of Body Language.
- Understanding Asperger's Syndrome.
- Understanding Couples in Individual Counselling.
- Unlocking Abuse & Managing its Implications.
- Why the Affair?
- Working in Groups.
- Working with Gender Identity.
- Working with the Elderly.
I have several years of experience in the therapeutic field working with individuals and groups, which I have gained working with a National Charity, a Local Hospice, and a Young Peoples Support Service, in addition to seeing a wide range of clients in my private practice.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual counselling/psychotherapy is charged at £40 per session (50 minutes).
Clients attending via organisations/occupational health services are charged at £50 per session (to cover additional time for reports, etc.).
I believe it is vital that you find a counsellor you feel comfortable to work with, and therefore I offer an initial meeting at £20 where you can find out more about how I work before deciding if you wish to commence counselling sessions.
I am passionate that counselling should be available to everyone and so some concessions are available for students, those not working or on low income, and those undertaking longer-term therapy.
Please visit my website for full details of fees and concessions.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and I am on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I hold an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)