Linda Johnson (Dip.Couns, RMBACP). Counsellor, Supervisor & Tutor
~Empowering you to live your life your way~
I am an established Humanistic-Integrative Counsellor, Counselling Supervisor and Tutor working with a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing concerns including:
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Bereavement and Grief
- Depression and Low Mood
- Relationships and Intimacy
- Self-Esteem and Confidence
- Spiritual Development & Ascension Support
- Stress related to family, home or work life.
I offer general counselling and more ìndepth psychotherapeutic & spiritual counselling services.
Counselling can help you:
- Become empowered to live your best life
- Challenge unhelpful beliefs of self or world
- Enhance emotional intelligence and resilience
- Improve relationship with self and others
- Learn self-care and set healthy boundaries
- Manage mental and physical health concerns
- Understand and challenge unhelpful life and relationship patterns
About My Work
I work as a professional counsellor and counselling supervisor in private practice, seeing a diverse range of people with many different concerns. Whilst I have knowledge around many area's of mental health and well-being, I believe in working with you as an individual rather than a label and offering the unique support you need to become your best self and live your best life.
Style and Orientation
My counselling approach is Integrative, being Humanistic (person centred) but incorporating Psychodynamics which focuses on the impact early relationships have in forming the personality and attachment patterns. I may utilise tools or techniques from other counselling approaches where desirable and beneficial. I also offer support to people wishing to enhance their understanding of ascension and/or their spiritual journeys.
Due to the current uncertainty, all appointments at present are being carried out on-line via Zoom (which meets both BACP and Data Protection rules). You do not need to have a zoom account to attend on-line sessions, just an internet connection. When I am able to return to face-to-face work, all clients will be given the option to remain on-line or undertake face-to-face sessions as is their preference.
I was born to working class parents in North London, and have been fortunate to experience a few different parts of the country before settling into the local area. Prior to training as a Counsellor, I worked in PA and project coordination roles across the private, public and charity sectors. I am passionate about my development personally, professionally and spiritually, and encouraging others to reach their fullest potential and live life on their terms.
To find out more about counselling and how I work please do visit my website www.lj-cs.co.uk or contact me to arrange an initial meeting.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills (CPCAB)
- Award in Supervision (Ascentis)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care (Ascentis)
- Mental Health Awareness (Ascentis)
- Award in Education and Training (City & Guilds)
Professional qualifications in progress
- Shadow Work Practitioner Diploma (CMA Accredited)
- Transpersonal Psychology Diploma (CMA Accredited)
Continued professional development certificates
- A Child's Grief
- An Introduction to Child Protection
- An Introduction to Civil Funeral Celebrations
- Anticipatory Grief & Maintaining Hope
- Anxiety & OCD
- Applying Theory to Your Practice
- Bereaved through Murder or Manslaughter
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Counselling in a Prison Environment
- Death by Suicide
- Emergency First Aid
- Forgiveness in a Secular Therapeutic Context
- Hypnosis & the Unconscious Mind
- Metaphor, Symbol & Story in the Therapeutic Context
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming - An Introduction
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming - A Step On
- Our Shadow Selves (A Psychological Perspective)
- Promoting Equality & Diversity
- Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Sudden & Traumatic Death
- Supervision Workshop
- The Fascination of Body Language
- Understanding Asperger's Syndrome
- Understanding Couples in Individual Counselling
- Unlocking Abuse & Managing its Implications
- Why the Affair?
- Working in Groups
- Working with Gender Identity
- Working with the Elderly
I have several years of experience in the therapeutic field working with both individuals and groups, which I have gained working with a National Bereavement Charity, a Local Hospice, and a Young Peoples Support Service, in addition to seeing a wide range of clients and supervisees in my private practice.
I have previously worked as a counselling trainer and supervisor for a national charity, and a counselling tutor at City College Peterborough.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer therapeutic support for those wishing to enhance their understanding of ascension and/or their own spiritual journey.
Concessions offered for
Individual counselling/psychotherapy is charged at £45 per session (1 hour).
Clients attending via organisations/occupational health services are charged at £55 per session (to cover additional time for reports, etc.).
I believe it is vital that you find a counsellor you feel comfortable to work with, and therefore I offer an initial meeting at £25 (1 hour) where you can find out more about how I work before deciding if you wish to commence counselling sessions.
I am passionate that counselling should be available to everyone and so some concessions are available for counselling students, those not working or on low income, and those undertaking longer-term therapy.
Please visit my website www.lj-cs.co.uk or contact me for full details of concessions.
Daytime and some evening and saturday appointments availible.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and I am on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register for Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I hold an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)