Linda Hardy MSc. Counsellor + CBT in the City Centre. Reg. member of BACP.
38 Queen Street
07474 605 180
Do you need to talk to somebody?
We all need to talk about stuff that is troubling us sometimes, and having an outlet for built up thoughts and feelings can be a huge relief. Counselling gives you a safe space, just for you, to talk about and offload whatever is on your mind. The process can help you to understand yourself and your situation better. You can discover new tools and coping strategies that will assist you in the future.
I am approachable and friendly, and I consider the most important aspect of my work is to build a relationship that will enable you to feel trusting, secure and at ease throughout our time together. I will value you as the person you are, and I will communicate in a way that shows I respect you and understand what is going on for you.
Experience and Qualifications: CBT Therapy
I am a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist with a Masters degree, and I can therefore help you to understand how your thoughts, feelings and reactions interact and impact on your situation; and how you may change them to help you cope better. This can help enable you to practice "self help" in the future.
A few of the areas I am experienced in working with:
Bereavement Counsellor: I was a Senior Counsellor within a bereavement service for 4 years. I understand the range of thoughts and feelings associated with the loss of a loved one. I invite you to visit my website where I have written a page that may help: www.hardyworkshops.com/bereavement-and-loss-
Counselling for Carers: I was a counsellor with people whose main role was caring for a loved one, such as a family member or close friend. I understand that this may leave one feeling quite isolated, with a range of thoughts and emotions.
Drug and Alcohol Recovery: I was a counsellor in a drug and alcohol treatment service for 2 years. I understand the challenges involved in recovery, no matter what 'stage' of the journey you are at. Or even just contemplating a huge change in one's life is huge, and talking it through may help.
Working With A Range of Needs
I have considerable experience working with a range of needs, and I highlight a few below.
I can help with issues, such as:
- anxiety disorder
- social anxiety
- signs of stress;
- work related stress
- feeling low / depression
- self confidence
- self help
- goal setting
- getting through life's challenges
If you want to pursue a goal or objective in life, but there are obstacles in your way, then I can help you to understand the obstacles, and assist you to move forward successfully in life.
As a Registered Member with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, I abide by their ethical guidelines at all times.
I am located in Glasgow City Centre
I work in a spacious, comfortable room in Central Glasgow within the Centrum Building at 38 Queen Street, G1 3DX. It's just a few minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station and Argyle Street, as well as being very close to the Underground. It's located in-between William Hill and Subway sandwich shop, and is just 2 doors from Primark.
My room is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Further details about me and my approach to my work are available on my website at www.hardytherapy.com
Please feel free to ask any questions you have about counselling, and what you could expect during our time together.
Thank you for checking out my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from the University of London.
- 4 years experience as a Senior Counsellor working with bereaved clients and Carers
- 2 years experience as a counsellor in a drug and alcohol recovery service.
- Certificate in Counselling and Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Various Continued Professional Development Courses, including: Using and teaching Mindfulness tools and techniques; Complicated Grief; Caring For The Caregiver.
- Wrote and presented workshops and seminars to a range of teams, including: Understanding hoarding behaviour; Understanding co-dependent relationships; Using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy tools and techniques every day; Understanding and working with suicidal people.
- Prior to qualifying as a Therapist: for approximately 15 years, I worked for a major homelessness organisation in London. Working in various projects, I provided a service to clients with a range of social, psychological and mental health needs to aid independent living in the community. Also worked with street homeless clients to aid a move forward into accommodation.
- BA (Hons) Politics with Development Studies from Sussex University (graduated 1996)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Exam stress
- counselling for depression
- counselling for anxiety
- counselling for low self esteem
- counselling for stress
It is important that you feel safe and comfortable with your counsellor, and I offer my first session at half price (£20). This can enable you to meet me to ask any questions you may have; and then take time to decide if I am the right person to help you.
Sessions are £40 thereafter, and each session is 50 minutes in duration.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am currently taking referrals. I offer a flexible approach for people who work, and I can negotiate early evening appointments.
Types of client