Linda Hardy MSc. Counselling therapy in Glasgow. Cognitive Behaviour Therapist
38 Queen Street
07474 605 180
Do you need somebody to talk to?
We all need to talk about stuff that is troubling us sometimes. Counselling gives you a safe space, just for you, to talk about whatever is on your mind. People often tell me what a relief it is to 'get it out', like a huge pressure cooker that has been released.
I have been through the counselling process, so I know how scary it can feel finding somebody to trust with your feelings. I know from experience that it can take a lot of courage to ask for help. It is definitely not a weakness, as is often believed in our society.
My philosophy is that we are our own best helper. Through talking and getting to know yourself better, the process could help you to function better presently, and leave you in a better position to help yourself in the future. Therefore, we can work together to help you to better understand the interaction and impact of your thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions; and also understand how unhelpful patterns from the past can continue right into the present day.
I am approachable and friendly, and I consider the most important aspect of my work is to build a relationship that will enable you to feel secure and at ease. I will value you as the person you are, and I will communicate in a way that shows I respect you and understand what is going on for you.
Experience and Qualifications:
I have a Masters degree in Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from the University of London, having graduated in 2011. I have detailed post-qualifying experience below.
Bereavement Counsellor: I was a Senior Counsellor within a bereavement and Carer's service for 4 years. I understand the range of thoughts and feelings associated with the loss of a loved one. I invite you to visit my website where I have written a page that may help: https://www.counselling-glasgow.com/bereavement-therapy-glasgow
Counselling for Carers: I worked with people whose main role was caring for a loved one, such as a family member or close friend. I understand that this may leave one feeling quite isolated, with a range of thoughts and emotions.
Drug and Alcohol Recovery: I was a part time volunteer counsellor in a drug and alcohol treatment service for 2 years. I understand the challenges involved in recovery, no matter what 'stage' of the journey you are at. Or even just contemplating a huge change in one's life is huge, and talking it through may help.
Street Rescue, London
Using my psychotherapy skills, I was employed to help and support rough sleepers to find safe alternatives other than living on the streets, and to share my knowledge with other workers. This was challenging, but often rewarding work.
Working With A Range of Needs
I can help with issues, such as:
- anxiety disorder
- social anxiety
- signs of stress;
- work related stress
- feeling low / depression
- self confidence
- self help
- goal setting
- getting through life's challenges
As a Registered Member with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, I abide by their ethical guidelines at all times.
My therapy practice is located in Glasgow City Centre
I work in a spacious, comfortable room in Central Glasgow, based at 38 Queen Street, G1 3DX. It's just a few minutes walk from Central Station, Queen Street Station; as well as Argyle Street and St. Enoch Subway stations. Coming onto Queen Street from Argyle Street, I am just a couple of doors up from Primark, and right next door to Subway sandwich shop.
My room is fully accessible for wheelchair users. However, my practice is based in a converted tenement building, and because of its historic design, the main entrance on Queen Street is accessed by a couple of steps. There is full access at the back of the building. If needed, I would, with pleasure, arrange to meet with you on Queen Street a few minutes prior to your appointment to escort you safely to my room.
Further details about me and my approach to my work are available on my website at www.Counselling-Glasgow.com
Please feel free to ask any questions you have about counselling, and what you could expect during our time together.
Thank you for checking out my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from the University of London.
- 4 years experience as a Senior Counsellor working with bereaved clients and Carers
- 2 years experience as a counsellor in a drug and alcohol recovery service.
- Certificate in Counselling and Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Various Continued Professional Development Courses, including: Using and teaching Mindfulness tools and techniques; Complicated Grief; Caring For The Caregiver.
- Wrote and presented workshops and seminars to a range of teams, including: Understanding hoarding behaviour; Understanding co-dependent relationships; Using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy tools and techniques every day; Understanding and working with suicidal people.
- Prior to qualifying as a Therapist: for approximately 15 years, I worked for a major homelessness organisation in London. Working in various projects, I provided a service to clients with a range of social, psychological and mental health needs to aid independent living in the community. Also worked with street homeless clients to aid a move forward into accommodation.
- BA (Hons) Politics with Development Studies from Sussex University (graduated 1996)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Feeling sad
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Exam stress
- low self esteem
I offer my first session at half price (£20). This can enable you to meet me to ask any questions you may have; and then take time to decide if I am the right person to help you. There is no obligation on your part to book further sessions.
Sessions are £40 thereafter.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please see the information detailed in my profile regarding accessibility.
I am currently taking referrals. I offer a flexible approach for people who work, and I can negotiate early evening appointments.
Types of client