Linda Hardy (Masters). Counselling & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Glasgow.
Thank you for visiting my page
My philosophy is that we are our own best helper. Through my service, you can work towards understanding yourself better, and also discover new tools and coping strategies that will assist you in the future.
People regularly tell me that I am approachable and friendly and that they feel at ease to talk about whatever is on their mind.
I will always work with you in a non-judgemental way. - which means I would always respect your own frame of reference, and would not impose my own values on beliefs onto you.
Free counselling consultation in Central Glasgow
It is important that you feel comfortable with whoever you choose, so I offer a free half hour consultation during daytime hours to help you decide if I am right for you. There is no obligation to book another session after this this meeting. (this service is not available after 5 p.m.)
Relevant Experience and Qualifications, and some of the areas I can assist you with
I have a Masters degree (MSc) in Rational-Emotive & Cognitive Behavioural Therapy from the University of London. I was a bereavement counsellor for 4 years, and also worked within a drug and alcohol treatment service for 2 years. Before graduating as a therapist, I worked in community outreach and homelessness for many years, supporting people with a range of needs, as well as with people with long term and enduring mental health difficulties. So I have had wide and varied experience working with clients with a range of emotional and social needs.
Below are some of the areas that represent my training, experience and expertise
- counselling for stress and anxiety
- bereavement therapy
- relationship difficulties
- depression or low mood
- lacking in confidence
- thinking I'm not good enough
- addiction or dependency issues
Evening appointments are available.
I am a member on the Accredited Register of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) - the largest professional body for counsellors and psychotherapists in the UK. I had to complete and pass a 2-hour exam to ensure I could meet their professional standards. I abide by their ethical guidelines at all times.
Providing a Confidential Counselling Service
You will receive a confidential service within the remit of the law (2018 General Data Protection Regulations); and I am also guided by my professional body. Everything that is shared is totally confidential, with a very few exceptions. Such exceptions are, for example, if it comes to my attention that you or another person is at risk of serious harm. I will give you a fuller explanation when I meet with you.
I charge £40 per session. My aim is to keep the fee as low as I feasibly can, since I realise that private therapy is out of reach financially for many people.
I will never ask you to 'block book', nor pay for sessions in advance.
My counselling space is at 111 Union Street, Glasgow, G1 3TA. It is located right next to Glasgow Central Station, and just a few minutes walk from Glasgow's Queen Street Station.
Like many buildings in Central Glasgow, my counselling room is in a converted tenement building, and has a few steps on the ground floor to access the lift. So unfortunately, it is not wheelchair accessible.
Visit my website at Counselling-Glasgow
I invite you to check me out further by visiting my website. More details about me, my service and my approach to my work are available.
Please feel free to ask any questions you have about my service, and what you could expect during our time together.
My e-mail is Linda@counselling-glasgow.com
Thank you for taking the time to read my page.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Rational-Emotive and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy from the University of London.
- 4 years experience as a Senior Counsellor working with bereaved clients and Carers
- 2 years experience as a counsellor in a drug and alcohol recovery service.
- Certificate in Counselling and Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Various Continued Professional Development Courses, including: Using and teaching Mindfulness tools and techniques; Complicated Grief; Caring For The Caregiver.
- Wrote and presented workshops and seminars to a range of teams, including: Understanding hoarding behaviour; Understanding co-dependent relationships; Using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy tools and techniques every day; Understanding and working with suicidal people.
- Prior to qualifying as a therapist, I worked in the community mental health field in London, also with clients with a range of needs, such as drug and alcohol dependency, anxiety, depression.
- BA (Hons) Politics with Development Studies from Sussex University (graduated 1996)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Exam stress
- low self esteem
Each session is £40.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Unfortunately, my counselling space is not accessible since it has a few steps on the ground floor to access the lift.
I am currently taking referrals. Evening appointments are available Monday - Friday
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|