Linda Brady MBACP Accred. Counsellor (and Supervisor)
141 Buxton Road
8 Union Road
I am an experienced counsellor who can offer you a calm, safe space to help you deal with difficult situations or past events.
All of us face difficulties at some time in our lives. We might find ourselves:
- experiencing powerful emotions like grief or anger, and finding it hard to deal with them;
- having problems with a relationship and uncertain how to handle it;
- feeling overwhelmed or despondent, and unable to cope with situations at home or at work;
- unsettled by a change in our lives and unsure of how to adjust.
Faced with such difficulties, you might have a sense that you just need to be able to think things through properly, to find enough time and space to get things clear in your own mind. Even if you have someone you are close enough to, it can be hard to talk to a relative or friend about the problems you are having. A professionally trained, impartial person may be able to help.
As a person-centred counsellor, I will listen properly, without judgement or criticism. I won't 'diagnose' you or a 'condition'. I won't try to tell you 'what you have been doing wrong' or 'what you should do next'. As you experience respect and understanding, and we develop a deeper level of trust, this will help you to express more of your thoughts and feelings - the real you. The more you do that, the better understanding you will have of yourself. That understanding can lead to acceptance of yourself, and others, and give you the means to make changes or take decisions to help you resolve, or come to terms with, life's events. I believe that, in the end, the best responses to the situations life throws up come from the people facing them. The only 'right answer' is the one that you accept is right for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training and experience means that I have worked with people dealing with all sorts of difficult situations. Not all of those situations are listed here, but they include:
- domestic abuse
- relationship difficulties or breakdown
- childhood sexual abuse
Coping with events like these can mean struggling with low self esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, flashbacks, anger, abuse of alcohol drugs and food, self-harm - and many other symptoms. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your circumstances.
- I have a Diploma in Counselling
- I am an accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy). I abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling.
- I am listed on BACP's voluntary Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. This register is accredited by the Professionals Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
- I am a UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
- I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (University of Chester, 2014)
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
I charge £45 for each counselling session (50 minutes). An initial half-hour consultation, whether face-to-face or over the phone, can be arranged. This would be free of charge.
Appointments are available on weekdays, evenings and Saturdays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday morning appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have a Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision, awarded by University of Chester in October 2014. I work with both qualified counsellors and counsellors in training. I offer a range of appointment days and times, working from my practice room in Stockport.View supervision profile