141 Buxton Road
07950 908340 or 07971 343104
We are Linda Brady and Niamh Buckley - two independent counsellors with over 30 years' counselling experience between us. (Linda is also a counselling supervisor.)
We also work together, and have formed 'Counselling Services' - combining our years of experience and training to offer counselling for adults, children (11+), young people and families.
We have a lovely therapy room in central Stockport which is easily accessible. There is a car park at the rear of the building, a bus stop right outside the front door, and we're about 5 minutes' walk from Davenport train station.
Please click on our website address above for full details of how we both work.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our training and experience means that we have worked with people dealing with all sorts of difficult situations.
- relationship difficulties or breakdown
- workplace issues
- domestic abuse
- bereavement and loss
- childhood sexual abuse
Coping with events like these can mean struggling with low self esteem, depression, stress, anxiety, OCD, flashbacks, anger, abuse of alcohol drugs and food, self-harm - and many other symptoms. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would like to discuss your circumstances.
- Linda has a Diploma in Counselling, is an accredited member of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- Niamh is a qualified Integrative counsellor and is a member of BACP.
- Niamh is trained to work as a CBT therapist, and also works as a couples therapist.
- We both abide by the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling.
- We are both listed on BACP's voluntary Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. This register is accredited by the Professionals Standards Authority for Health and Social Care.
- Linda is a UKRCP Registered Independent Counsellor (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
- Linda has a Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision (University of Chester, 2014)
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
Photos & videos
We charge £45 for each one-to-one counselling session, and £60 for each couples counselling session.
Appointments are available on weekdays, most evenings and Saturday mornings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and Saturday morning appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Linda has a Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision, awarded by University of Chester in October 2014. She works with both qualified counsellors and counsellors in training. Linda offers a range of appointment days and times, working from the 'Counselling Services' practice room in Stockport.View supervision profile