Lina Milner Relationship And Sex Therapist Relate Registered
I am a qualified, accredited and experienced psychotherapist specialising in psychosexual, relationship and couple’s therapy. My core training is with Relate Institute.
I offer an empathetic, safe, and professional environment within which we can work together to facilitate the potential for change, and work towards sexual health, happiness and wellbeing.
Sexual difficulties can cause a lot of distress and unhappiness and affect a lot of people at some point of their life. Below is a list of some of the problems that I can help you with:
· Loss of interest in sex (loss of libido)
· Painful sex
· Vulval pain
· Orgasm problems for both men and women
· Erection problems
· Premature ejaculation / delayed ejaculation
It’s normal for clients to feel anxious when seeing a psychosexual therapist, especially for the first time. Many people have trouble talking about sex at all, so discussing it with a stranger may feel awkward. Sometimes it helps to know what to expect when you think you need to see a sex therapist. Here is a brief outline on what to expect from the first session.
You can choose to come to sessions by yourself, but if your problem affects your partner as well, it is better for you both to attend. Once you've made an appointment, we shall meet face-to-face and I will listen sensitively to your description of the problem and gather further information from you to assess whether the cause is likely to be psychological, physical or a combination of two and to ensure that the treatment I offer meets your needs.
It is important to know that sex therapy sessions do not involve any physical contact or sexual activity among clients and therapists.
If at this stage Sex Therapy is considered appropriate, you can start to see me on a weekly to fortnightly basis. I design an individual treatment plan to meet your goal for the therapy.All of the work you do in the therapy room is based on talking, however, you are also given homework to do with your partner in the privacy of your own home. Each therapy session is completely confidential. Sessions usually last for 30-50 minutes.
The best way to reach me is to send me an email and I shall get in touch with you within 24 hours.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative supervision, Grove Practice.
- Diploma in Psychosexual Therapy, Relate Institute, University of Hull.
- MA in Integrative Relationship Therapy, Relate Institute, University of Hull.
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Couple Counselling, Tavistock Center for Couple Relationships.
- Active memberships: Relate, BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), COSRT (College of Sex and Relationship Therapy).
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
- Psychosexual Therapy £85 per session (50 min)
- Relationship counselling £85 per session (50 min)
- Trainee counsellor individual therapy £75 per session (50 min, day time only)
- Clinical supervision £75 per session
Information on Psychosexual Therapy NHS:
Information about common sexual concerns COSRT:
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evenings
Types of client
Supervision & training
My clinical specialisms are psychosexual and relationship therapy.