Having worked in the corporate world for a long time, I retrained a number of years ago as I was passionate about the fact that many of us, at some point in life, find things difficult and feel unable to talk to those around us, don't have anyone to talk to, or feel we could benefit from professional help. Life is tough sometimes and objective support and insight can play a big part in enabling us to become unstuck.
I offer psychotherapeutic counselling for a variety of reasons including - but not limited to - bereavement, depression, anxiety / stress, relationship or family issues, career or life stage issues (e.g. work induced exhaustion and stress, mid-life, childlessness, illness or retirement), low self esteem, abuse, trauma and addiction.
The concepts of truth and choice are central to my work. I work in a way which facilitates honest conversation and the realisation that there are always options, no matter how constraining or difficult circumstances might be. I seek to enable people to live the life they want to live, rather than the life they think they should live or have somehow just ended up living, which is often the result of deeply embedded and often unconscious (until we become aware of them) ways of being in the world. I also work in a way which is holistic - taking mind, body and spirit into consideration - as I have come to believe we humans are happiest when these are in balance.
On the basis I believe there's no substitute for actually meeting to determine who the right therapist is for you, I offer a free and no obligation first consultation. I also offer an online service (also with free consultation).
Please enquire for details.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor
- BSc in Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counselling - University of Middlesex
- Level I Sensorimotor Psychotherapy – Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- MSc in Training and Performance Management - University of Leicester
- BA Human Resource Management - University of Stirling
- Member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council
- 7 years in private practice
- 3 years clinical practice for the mental health charity, Mind
- Director of Grin from Within Ltd, offering psychotherapeutic counselling, coaching and consultancy services in team, leadership and organisational development
- Over 15 years experience in corporate organisations, coaching, facilitating groups and delivering international and UK based team and leadership development programmes.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial consultation
£50 one hour session
£275 for 6 session block
I also offer 4 sessions a week for those on a low income at £25 a session.
I have recently returned to my native Scotland after 17 years living and working in Norfolk, London and internationally. I see life as an ongoing opportunity to develop and grow and am passionate about bringing psychotherapeutic theory into mainstream social thinking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client