Liane Oldham, PG Dip, MBACP Accred.
As a psychotherapeutic counsellor I believe in developing a relationship that will help and support you gain a greater understanding of yourself, your feelings and the challenges you may be facing.
Life is challenging for all of us. Sometimes we hit a trigger and we feel in crisis. Counselling can help build resilience and gives us the time and space to identify any negative behaviour and thought patterns that may be making life difficult for us.
I approach each client as a unique person, free from any labels or prejudgement. I integrate therapeutic approaches to help you understand why you feel the way you do. It can be difficult choosing who to open up to. I believe one of the most important parts of any therapeutic work is developing a strong relationship based on mutual trust and collaboration. Feeling at ease with your counsellor, enough to share how you feel, is half the battle.
I offer a safe, confidential space where we can explore what is troubling you in the present, with an awareness of how the past may also be playing a role. This will always be done at your own pace.
I work from private consultation rooms based in Arundel, Littlehampton and also Petworth, all with easy parking facilities.
Please feel free to contact me and we can explore how I may be able to help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have been a practising therapist for six years working with both adults and young adults across the private, employee assistance programme and charity sectors as well as with the Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust.
- I have worked with a wide range of presenting problems as well as personal and relational issues.
- I have experience in both long and short term therapy.
- I integrate various therapeutic approaches which I feel might best suit you. This will always be done collaboratively and at your own pace.
- I specialise in personal growth, life transitions and relationship issues.
- I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and work in a confidential way within their ethical framework for continued good practice.
- My work is fully supervised by an accredited BACP and registered UKCP supervisor.
Training and Qualifications
- Advanced Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. Embracing Psychodynamic, Psychoanalytic, Person Centred and Existential approaches.
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- UKATA Transactional Analysis 101 Certificate
- Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) Certificate
- Accredited Member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- I am currently researching a book on Existential Crises.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Carer support
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
£40 per 50 minute session
Student Concessions available
How Long Will it Take?
I believe there is no one size fits all in therapy. Some clients prefer to work towards their own ending at a pace that suits them. Others prefer more short term, solution focused work. I have experience in both long and short term therapy. I believe any therapy should be collaborative and together we can discuss how to approach the work.
Walk and Talk Therapy
Depression and anxiety can often narrow our world as we internalise our feelings. Getting outside into the natural world can help us to see things from a different perspective. Walking increases blood flow to the brain and helps to release hormones that trigger a positive feeling in the body thereby reducing stress and helping us to focus and tackle underlying issues. Often clients prefer Walk and Talk sessions rather than being in the therapy room or there can be a mix of the two. If you feel you might prefer this type of therapy then together we can discuss the best way to approach the process.
The Power of Writing
Writing is often considered an integral part of therapy. Having been a features writer, I am able to offer Writing Therapy to clients who may find it difficult to verbalise how they feel. Putting feelings down on paper, in whatever form you want, can help to externalise an issue, taking the power out of it and allowing us to explore problems perhaps more tentatively.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have day time and early evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|