Hello do you or someone you love need a safe and confidential space to talk and explore life difficulties? My passion is to help people enjoy fuller, more accepting and authentic lives through improved self-awareness, self-esteem, resilience, autonomy and effective coping strategies.
I'm experienced at working with children (5+), teens and adults from diverse backgrounds with a variety of difficulties. I work in an inclusive and empathic way to ensure that my clients feel heard, understood, valued and supported as we explore their life difficulties in a safe, non-judgemental and confidential setting.
I'm a qualified Person-Centred Counsellor, this means that I put my client at the centre of the work as we strive to understand the depth of their difficulties and how this impacts their behaviours and life experiences. Client identified goals can be worked through using CBT interventions in a very person-centred way. I offer both brief, focused work and longer term therapy. I've undergone additional training with Centre for Child Mental Health and have several years experience of working in schools and colleges, also the voluntary sector working with adult survivors or abuse.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2018: The Centre for Child Mental Health - Certificate - Therapeutic Counselling Skills for Children.
- 2018: Protective Behaviours Partnerships - Foundation course - Protective Behaviours.
- 2016: South Leicestershire College - Level 4 Certificate - Therapeutic Counselling.
- 2014: South Leicestershire College - Level 3 Certificate - Counselling Studies.
- 2013: South Leicestershire College - Level 2 Certificate - Counselling Concepts.
- Sept ’17 – Present Relate Leicester - Child/Young Person Counsellor - Ages 5+, teens & adults. Working in Primary schools, High schools, College & Special Needs schools.
- May ’17 – Present Moat Community College - School Counsellor - Ages 11-16
- Sept ’15 – Dec ‘17 Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre - Counsellor - Female survivors or abuse, age 14+
- Jan ’15 – Jul ‘17 Hinckley Academy John Cleveland- School Counsellor - Ages 11-19 and adults.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£40 - £50 per session.
Sessions available Thursday 4.45pm, 6pm, 7.20pm
In Leicester City Centre space.
I've worked with many issues including:
Abuse, ADD/ADHD, Anger Management, Anxiety, Asperger Syndrome, Bereavement, Child related issues, Depression, Identity, Loss, Relationship issues, Self-Esteem, Self-harm, Stress, Trauma.
Please call or email me for an initial discussion.
I'm a registered member of British Association Counselling Psychotherapy, www.bacp.co.uk
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thursday Evenings: 4.45pm, 6pm, 7.20pm Leicester City Centre location
Types of client