9 Alexandra Avenue, Lenzie
0141 230 9324 / 07809 765100
We are a team of highly skilled Chartered Clinical Psychologists who have a wealth of experience in helping people improve their lives.
- We can see you quickly, usually within 1-2 weeks.
- We provide a safe place for you to be listened to, not judged.
- We are warm, empathetic and caring.
- We work with individuals, families and groups.
- We use a wide range of well established approaches.
- We adopt a collaborative approach, doing the work with you and not for you.
- We see clients from all ages and backgrounds.
Clinical psychologists can help you to understand why you feel the way you do. Working together with a psychologist can help you make sense of your experiences. This can help you make changes that can lead to a more meaningful life.
Why choose a psychologist?
Increasingly, psychology is becoming a more and more popular treatment for individuals who want to feel more in control of their lives.
We understand it can be difficult for you to decide which course of treatment is best suited to your needs, which is why here at Lenzie Psychology, our team draw upon a wide range of theories.
We can assess which strand of psychology will work for you, and it may be we draw together several strands in order to create the most effective treatment programme for your needs.
Why come and see us?
It may be that you have tried other forms of treatment in the past, but that these have not delivered what you were hoping for. Possibly you have found the type of support you want, but cannot access it quickly enough or as often as you would like.
Here at Lenzie Psychology, we can respond quickly to client requests, and will ensure one of our psychologists calls you back within 24 hours of your initial enquiry.
We can work with you either on a 1:1 basis, or in a group - it would be your preference.
We will focus on the issues important to you, and work with you to find a way to move forward. Often we suggest you do work between sessions, which will hopefully speed your recovery.
Our sessions usually last for one hour, and in your initial session, you would meed the psychologist and make sure they are right for you. If not, then we can try someone else.
We would then listen to your story - you don't have to tell us everything, but just enough so we can devise a programme which will enable us to move forward.
We can then start working on different ways on how to improve your life, either through discussion, learning new skills or practical tasks.
As we progress, we will constantly review how you are doing and refine how we work with you as we go along.
Usually most of our clients come to see us from between 6-8 sessions, and by the end of the sessions, we hope that you are feeling stronger, better and quite content to finish our work at this stage.
However, if you feel you want to touch base with us again in the future, then we are more than happy to find out how you are doing and offer some top up support if needed.
Training, qualifications & experience
Our Chartered Clinical Psychologists
- Our team of Chartered Clinical psychologists have studied psychology for at least 7 years to achieve their doctoral qualification.
- Most of our team have been qualified for at least 10 years and held senior level posts in public service, including the NHS
- Our Psychologists are all chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and registered with the Health Professional Council (HCP)
- They all lecture in clinical psychology and provide training, mentoring and consultancy to a range of other professionals.
- Our psychologists all routinely work more straightforward issues, but our specialise in working with trauma, complex personality, severe mental illness, substance use, learning disability, brain injury, children and adolescents, and various forms of aggression.
- Some of our psychologists are also Chartered Forensic Psychologists and Accredited Risk Assessors with Risk Management Authority.
Our assistant Psychologists
- Our assistants have all studied psychology for at least 5 years and have completed two psychology degree.
- They have experience of working with a range of cases.
- All their work is overseen by a chartered clinical psychologist but they will have sessions where they see clients alone.
- To find out more information about our services, and more detailed histories of our Psychologists, you can visit our website here.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling we deal with
- Neuro psychological assessment.
- Neuro rehabilitation.
- Risk assessment.
- Assessment of child abuse and neglect.
- Work with persons at risk of people committing serious, violent and sexual crimes.
- Assessment for child/family social work services.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Arts therapies
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Equine therapy
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
Sessions last 55-60 mins.
Our costs range from £70 to £100 per session, but we can explain the various options in detail before you come to see us.
As you would expect, costs rise in accordance with the experience and qualifications of the psychologist.
It is essential we find the right match between your needs and the level of competence of the person you see.
We understand it is difficult to know what represents value for money, particularly if you are new to buying this type of service
Many clients that have come to see us, in their search for the right service, often paid less elsewhere only to find it was not only a false economy, but also had a very frustrating delay in getting the help they needed.
We trust that investing in staff that are educated and trained to the right level will not only prove to be a good investment for you in the short to medium term, but also the long term, where the impact of the work is truly felt
We have a chartered clinical psychologist registered to provide services for persons insured by BUPA, AXA and Aviva at a rate and manner agreed with these services.
Please visit our website for Private Patients.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client