Leila Ghaddar- Creative Holistic Psychotherapist. HCPC accredited.
I am a creative holistic psychotherapist and trauma-informed yoga teacher, offering individualized therapy; integrating evidence-based, creative approaches that enrich one's path to healing. The tools we use depend on the individual but they can range from visual art, movement, breath-work, theatre, creative writing, tapping, and any other creative modalities.
I believe in empowering my clients to discover their unique innate healing tools that would enable them to gain sovereignty in their inner-work journeys. My approach lies in the understanding that we all have the capacity to self-heal. Why self-healing? We are a part of nature; and nature is self-sustaining, self-regenerating, and self-healing. So are we. We can apply the concept of sustainability to ourselves, and I can help you do that.
I work with both children and adults. I can offer therapy in English, French, and Arabic. Due to my international working experience, I hold a vast awareness of cultural diversity.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified HCPC registered art psychotherapist, special educator, and trauma-informed yoga teacher. I have ten years of international experience in a combination of these settings, working with both adults and children:
Mental health hospital, charities, schools, learning centers, and private practice.
My specialization is, but not limited to:
– Anxiety (General, social, panic attacks...)
– Acute mental ill-health
– Eating disorders
– Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
– Learning and intellectual difficulties
– Spiritual crises/awakenings
– The practice of being human…
* I do not diagnose nor rely on diagnosis for the full picture. I believe these offer only the tip of the iceberg.
I offer therapy in English, Arabic, and French.
I am certified in the following, which allows me to adapt the sessions to offer a variety of approaches within psychotherapy:
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) & TFT (Thought Field Therapy) Tapping Practitioner (Complimentary Therapists Accredited Association and The Priority Academy)
- Pranic Healing Level 1 (World Pranic Healing Foundation Inc.)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Facilitator (Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Nederland)
- 200HR Sivananda Yoga Certified and 20HR Yin Yoga (Yoga Alliance)
- Kids Yoga Certified (Groovy Kids Yoga)
- Afrobeats Fitness Dance Teacher (AfricanGymTonic)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Spiritual crises/mystical experiences that need integration
£67 per session
£335- 6 sessions, incl. 1 free
£669- 12 sessions, incl. 2 free + individualized yoga and/or meditation program (for adult sessions) and a free caregiver coaching session (for children sessions)
Concessions offered for
More information and free 30-minute consultation can be found on my website: https://wisdom-within.co/
I currently offer sessions via Zoom.