Dr Leah Callebaut
As a Clinical Psychologist I aim to to practically apply psychological theory and research to help people to achieve emotional well being and enhance their quality of life when they are facing challenging life circumstances. Since 2012 I have worked in a variety of NHS psychology services, offering talking therapy and emotional support to individuals, couples and families. For the last 5 years I have specialised in supporting people with long-term physical health conditions, including cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, chronic pain, chronic fatigue syndrome/ME, Fibromyalgia and bowel conditions (e.g. IBS and IBD).
My therapy sessions are informed by the the well evidenced frameworks of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, Compassion Focused Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. I also run 8-week mindfulness courses and retreat days aimed at developing mindfulness skills and self-compassion.
I provide a safe and confidential space where we can talk about the current difficulties you are facing in your life and we will work together to understand these difficulties. We will then explore practical and psychological coping strategies so that these challenges can begin to feel more manageable for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate Degree (ClinPsyD) - Chartered Clinical Psychologist - The University of Hull.
- Undergraduate Degree - BSc Psychology - The University of York.
- Mindfulness Teacher (MBSR) - Trained by Mindfulness UK.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
1-hour Psychological Therapy session - £75
8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course - £199
Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Retreat Day - £45
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client