Lauraine Leigh Klugman, Arts Psychotherapist Dramatherapist MA Psychoan.St.
I offer a safe thinking space and up to 4 assessment sessions in order to find the most useful way of working with you.
My work ranges through counselling to in-depth psychotherapy.
Often short-term work (6 - 15 weekly or bi-weekly sessions) helps effectively. Occasionally clients come for long term work.
Sometimes it's difficult for clients, both adult and children, to find words to express their emotional difficulties: Dramatherapy's particular strength is that it works non-verbally as well as verbally, in a creative way, releasing difficult feelings so these can be thought-about together with me and worked through safely in the session.
Work is of course strictly confidential.
Clients' difficulties and mental health diagnoses include:
- Attachment difficulties
- Anxiety and fears
- Pathological boredom and high expectations
- Disappointment (which can bring a client to a complete standstill/block).
- Relationship difficulties
- Birth trauma and postnatal depression
- Dads grieving separation from their children
Safe, agreed boundaries in the sessions help clients feel heard, acknowledged and safe enough to say and rehearse difficult things, for instance to their family member(s).
This is especially helpful where teenagers feel angry and misunderstood, for instance in separated families. Both parents and adolescent/child are offered the opportunity to work towards safe sessions altogether in order to help sort out confusing feelings.
"There is a real shift in our feelings about how we can work things out together now" (one family's evaluation).
AUTUMN 2019: £50/£45. London fees are based on travel and room hire.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Dramatherapy, University of Hertfordshire 1994
- Foundation in Psychodrama London Institute of Psychodrama and Sociodrama
- MA in Psychoanalytic Studies, Tavistock NHS / University East London. 2007
- Full member The British Association of Dramatherapists BADth.org.uk
- Health and Care Professions Council Registration HCPC . email@example.com
- Current Enhanced DBS May 2019
- 25 years working in schools, privately and with social services and private hospitals.
International Speaker and trainer (Malta Creative Arts Therapies and Ministry of Education 2012); Workshops on Dramatherapy in Schools - School Exclusion; Teachers' INSET Being Together and working with and through conflict; Conference workshops include The Tavistock, SEBDA, BADth, 3rd International CAMHS Conference at Fitzwilliam College Cambridge.
Leading editor: Dramatherapy with Children, Young People and Schools: enabling creativity, sociability, communication and learning. Eds: Lauraine Leigh, Irvine Gersch (Director Child and Educational Psychology UEL), Ann Dix, Deborah Haythorne.
Published Routledge Feb. 2012. (25 chapters from leaders in the fields of Dramatherapy, Educational Psychology, Clinical psychology, psychiatry, psychodrama, academia, teaching, speech therapy, play therapy).
Please see this link: https://www.routledge.com/Dramatherapy-with-Children-Young-People-and-Schools-Enabling-Creativity/Leigh-Gersch-Dix-Haythorne/p/book/9780415670777
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
£50 - £80 per session
£40 concessionary rate
West London between £100 - £130 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Early to late appointments are possible, also West London appointments possible.
Types of client