Laura Hooper: Creative Arts and Attachment Focussed Family Therapist
I am a certified Play and Creative Arts therapist and registered Social Worker with a passion to support children, young people and families therapeutically.
I have experience of delivering high quality therapeutic interventions to children, young people and their families experiencing issues such as complex trauma, developmental delay, attachment difficulties, abuse, emotional and behavioural concerns.
I practice from an attachment perspective, being child- led, my creative tool kit can be adapted to each clients needs thereby helping children & young people to communicate their inner experiences and help to heal their painful pasts and hurtful histories. I work with a number of public (including schools), individual and private providers offering therapeutic services, consultancy and bespoke training. I am listed as an approved provider for many Local Authority Post Adoption Support Services.
I am based in the West Midlands area and provide a service within a wide geographical area. If you would like more information or would like to refer please call 07933 178553 or complete the 'contact Laura' form . I also offers many of her services nationally throughout the UK.
I hold an enhanced current DBS certificate with update provision, Professional Liability and Indemnity insurance. I am a registered member of the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered Social Worker. I adhere to the ethics and values of my practice and am clinically supervised.
Types of Therapy offered:
- Attachment Focussed Family Therapy
- Play and Creative Arts Therapy
- Therapeutic Life Story Work
- Parent-Child Attachment Play
- Life Story Books
How can I access therapy
If you are a parent/carer or commissioning agent who feels that a child/young person would benefit from therapy then please contact me on 07933 178553 for an initial discussion, there is no obligation to progress, it is important to source the right therapist who is able to support your family.
Presently, I am a mobile therapist undertaking therapeutic interventions both in schools, centres and within the home environment. Location of therapy can be discussed and alternative venues can be sought.
I offer both individual and group therapy sessions for children and young people targeting areas of concern. I offer bespoke packages of therapy, training and consultation that are available upon discussion with schools, fostering & adoption agencies.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Play Therapy (dist.) - Leeds Beckett University/PTUK
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Life Story Work - University East London
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play - Leeds Beckett University/PTUK
- Psychology and Criminology BSc hons - Coventry University
- Master of Social Work (MA) - Warwick University
- Post Graduate Certificate Practice Educator - Bournemouth University
- Professional Certificate in Effective Practice (Youth Justice) - Open University
- Clinical supervision training
- Safeguarding and Child Protection training
- Court skills training
- Sexual Abuse training
- Graded Care Profile Training - NSPCC
- Parent-Child Attachment Play
- Level One Theraplay/Group Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method training
- Level Two Intermediate Theraplay and Marschak Interaction Method training
- Level One Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Level Two Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy
- Motivational Interviewing and the Stages of Change
- Solution Focussed Supervision
- Mental health first aid Youth
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Special Guardianship/ Kinship care
Photos & videos
Fees are available upon discussion.
I hold an enhanced current DBS certificate with update provision, Professional Liability and Indemnity insurance. I am a certified member of PTUK, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered Social Worker and I hold Graduate member status of the British Psychological Society MBPsS. I adhere to the ethics and values of my practice and I am clinically supervised.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm Saturday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I am available to offer both individual and group creative clinical supervision. Having extensive supervision experience as a Practice Educator (Pg.