Laura Fulcher MA, UKCP accred. Dip. Sup.
I work with children, young people and adults. I am happy to offer consultation to parents who have worries about their children so that we can think together about how to help them.
I usually work face to face and often use media such as painting, drawing, sand tray, clay and play therapy with younger clients. I am committed to acknowledging difference and diversity as feeling different can have a big effect on an individual who has to fit into mainstream society. I have particular experience with clients on the autistic spectrum, gender dysphoria, sexuality and bereavement.
Children's issues can sometimes be sorted out quite quickly especially with the support of parents. Adults may want more time so I can work long or short term. I always start with an assessment and then we can discuss what the main issues are and what you would like the therapy to achieve.
I can work with skype, phone or emails if this is easier.
I work as a supervisor for practitioners working with children, young people or adults.
Issues I work with include: depression, anxiety, relationships, family breakups and blended families, exam stress, sleeping, bereavement, behavioural issues, anger, abuse, adoption.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Full insurance and DBS check
- Supervision Certificate 2013
- MA Psychotherapy and Counselling for Children and Young People 2010
- Adult Counselling Certificate 2012
- PGCE 1987 (Post graduate Certificate in Education).
- Mental Health Practitioner in CAMHS 2012 - 2017
- School Counsellor various schools 2006 onwards
- Teaching in Yorkshire, London and Essex. Mainstream and Special. 1988 to 2006
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
£55 to £90
You may have a problem that is worrying you or just a feeling that things aren't right. Or you may be having difficulties with your child, perhaps after a divorce or separation, or a change in schools. Perhaps you and your partner have different parenting styles and can't agree how to bring up your child. Having someone impartial to talk to can often be a real help. If you think you might be interested in counselling you can always ring me up or email me and we can have a chat- which will cost you nothing. We can think about the issues and whether counselling might help. If we decide on counselling we can fix a time where you can come every week for 50 minutes to talk about what is bothering you. Sometimes, things can be sorted really quickly after only a few sessions. Alternatively I might be able to signpost you to somewhere else.
I work in Maldon and Colchester and other places by arrangement. Sometimes I can go into schools. For people requiring wheel chair access I am willing to work to find an alternative venue that is suitable.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Basic French & German|
I am registered with BUPA, Aviva and Vitalityhealth. AXA registration also coming online very soon.
My main working days are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8 am to 8 pm. I can do other days by arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I have worked as a supervisor for 6 years.