I help people improve their psychological well-being, aid self-discovery and empower positive change, I can do this by offering a bespoke counselling service, tailored to suit your needs.
You may be considering therapy for general self-development and finding a more satisfying and meaningful life. Or it may be that you have some specific challenges and issues you wish to work through.
While theories have their place in a therapeutic process, a critical part of our work will be the quality of the relationship between us. You will need a safe, confidential, trusting and collaborative space to attend to yourself.
I am a qualified Person-centred counsellor and psychotherapist and offer one to one counselling, telephone/online sessions also walk and talk therapy. Working in various different settings has given me the experience of working with young people, adolescents and adults. I am based in Gloucestershire but cover all Four Shires, including- Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire, where I have office spaces or a home visit within those counties can be arranged.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy (Humantistic) (WCG).
- Diploma in Life Coaching (BSY GROUP).
- Diploma in Specialist Counselling (BSY GROUP).
- ABC Certificate Cruse Bereavement Care- Intensive course in Loss, Grief and Bereavement.
- Low arousal approach certification (Studio 3).
- Children and Young people Counselling and Psychotherapy training-(WCG).
- Certification teaching mindfulness to teens. (Centre of mindfulness).
Experience as Counsellor for a leading mental health charity EDMHSS working specifically with children and adolescents.
Counsellor for Age Uk working with the over 65's, working with health issues, marital issues, separation and loneliness.
Cruse Bereavement Care initially I worked as part of the administration team, managing allocations, being the first port of call for distress clients, uploading sensitive data onto the computer systems etc. As a counsellor I supported those going through the different processes of loss and grief following a bereavement.
Family support practitioner at Sue Ryder's Leckhampton court hospice, I provided those who were diagnosed with very complex life limiting conditions along with their family members, friends and carers with psychological and emotional support.
Therapeutic Practitioner at Studio 3's clinical services based in Alcester, working alongside local authorities, social workers, nexus fostering services, with foster carers who have children in a placement with them. Providing detailed psychological/behavioural assessments for the children who are in receipt of community-based care. We worked with adults with intellectual disabilities, autism and other neurological conditions. In many instances, the people we help to support are viewed as ‘highly complex’. As part of the clinical team it was my job to provide a positive focus on psychological wellbeing and positive interventions.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Face to Face Counselling and Psychotherapy.
£50 per 1 hour session/ Concession rates £40 1 hour session.
- Face to Face Counselling offers you the opportunity to explore what brings you to counselling in a confidential, relaxing space where you can take yourself away from your regular routine and fully engage in the counselling process. >Counsellors are trained to observe your non-verbal communication (for example, the expressions on your face, the way you are sitting) to get a deeper understanding of what you are saying.
- It enables you to develop your communication skills.
- It is a more personal form of therapy.
- As the roots of counselling started in the counselling room, face to face counselling can benefit a huge range of counselling concerns.
£45 per 1 hour session/ Concession rates £35 1 hour session.
- It is more convenient, you can be at home whilst on the call.
There are no geographical limits.
- There is no need to make other arrangements to make appointments (e.g. childcare, time off work, etc.).
- It gives a greater sense of anonymity.
- It is ideal for people who find travelling difficult.
- It can provide an effective way to access counselling that may not previously have been available for the person.
- It removes the stigma of physically attending a counselling session.
Online Counselling via Zoom.
£45 per 1 hour session. Concession rates £35 1 hour session.
- Zoom is very easy to use. It is secure and private. As a method of delivering online therapy, it is a robust and great solution.
- Zoom offers a video communications system for unlimited 1-to-1 meetings.
- It is available to use on a wide range of internet communication and hardware systems.
- Support is offered via; video tutorials, IM chat and a demo (if requested).
- The system has file sharing, screen share and annotation capabilities.
- After initial set up and entering the meeting room, the system is very straightforward to follow.
- The quality of sound and video is usually excellent.
Sessions are 60 minutes long and usually take place at the same time each week. I offer an initial meeting for us to discuss whether counselling could be helpful to you. If so we will agree on a regular time and day to meet moving forward.
Walk and Talk Therapy
£55 per 1 hour session. Concession rates £45 1 hour session.
- Counselling sessions conducted in a natural environment to improve both mental and physical health.
- Improved confidence in ability and motivation to incorporate regular low impact physical exercise into lifestyle.
- Risk Assessed walks of varying intensity and difficulty (from strolling on a flat route to a more challenging terrain to suit all levels of physical ability).
- A variety of walks (for example alongside water, wooded environment, park walk etc).
Potential for conventional counselling sessions if necessary/desired (or onward referral).
Concessions offered for
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Mobile - 07309572885.
Email me here.