Laura Clifford-Jones MBACP; LCGI, Adv. Dip. Couns.
01202 385798 / 07496 741450
My experience includes working with within a Rape & Sexual Abuse Agency, University Counselling Service, Staff Welfare Scheme, Young Person Agency and Private I have extensive experience with complex trauma due to sexual assault/rape and historic child sexual abuse and young person issues.
In my private practice I have worked with referrals from private individuals, local company staff welfare schemes and insurance companies. .
My commitment to you is that I will walk alongside you during your journey of discovery, thus enabling you to understand what is going on for you and why you are where you are. I will support you in understanding different coping and life strategies that will enable you to move forward and take your own ‘leap of faith’ into that future you want and deserve.
My philosophy is everyone should be treated with respect, unconditional positive regards and have the autonomy to decide how to live their lives. This is why I work as a Pluralistic Counsellor, my Integrative Humanistic Approach underpins, I employ which ever is more suitable for the individual needs of the client.
I work with Young People and Adults, offering Long and Short Term, including Single Sessions, Face-to-Face, Telephone and Skype Sessions
My experience covers most areas of counselling, and includes
- Bereavement & Loss
- Body Image & Eating Disorders
- Historic Child Abuse
- Mental Health Issues
- Pre-trial Therapy
- Rape & Sexual Abuse
- Education & Student Issues
- Work Issues
Training, qualifications & experience
Some of my qualifications include:
- Adv. Dip. Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 5 Cert. Counselling Young People
- Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders from National Eating Disorder Centre
- Practitioner Skills for the Management of Obesity from National Eating Disorder Centre
- Nutritional Interventions for Eating Disorders from National Eating Disorder Centre
- Cert. Life Coaching Studies
- Dip. Neuro-Linguistic Programming
- Mental Health Issues
- LCGI Working with Children & Young People
- Dip. Child Development & Psychology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Life Coaching
- Leadership Coaching
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial 30-minute session, this is to explain how I work, also allowing you to see if I am the right counsellor for you. These sessions are offered with no expectation or obligation on your part to go on book any further sessions.
- £40.00 for a standard 50-minute session
- £65.00 for a 90-minute one-off session
- Student & Concessionary Rates (Please ask about these)
I have a dedicated counselling space in my home, and there is ample parking, it is also possible to reach me via the More Bus route M5 Bus Poole-Canford Heath or Yellow Bus 18 or H1 Bournemouth-Broadstone (nearest stop Canford Heath Road 5/10minutes walk).
- Monday Daytime Sessions
- Evening Sessions
- Saturday Morning Sessions
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am-9pm, Tuesday - Friday 7pm-9pm, Saturday 9am - 1pm
Types of client