07791 991199 / +27645245647
I am a UKCP accredited and BACP registered psychotherapist, equine assisted psychotherapist, and licensed HeartMath® provider. I work with individuals and couples of various ages for a range of difficulties including stress, anxiety, depression, trauma, addictions, bereavement, low self-esteem, body-image, transitions, Expatriate counselling, LGBT issue and relationship difficulties. I offer short-term and long-term contracts via online therapy work.
I use an integrative relational approach drawing on different therapeutic modalities from my varied training. This includes mindfulness, psychodynamic approaches, body psychotherapy, Gestalt, hypnotherapy, HeartMath®,NLP, CBT and other approaches. I have a special interest in mind-body-spirit interactions for mental and physical health, healing and wellbeing.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have been working in private practice in different clinical capacities since 2008. During and after my psychotherapy training I held various psychotherapist and counsellor positions as volunteer at different placements (charities, organisations and hospitals) mainly in London, United Kingdom. This included the West London Centre for Counselling with adults of all ages including seniors, Roehampton University with adolescents and young adults, for Place2Be with primary school children and for the Wandsworth Early Intervention in Psychosis service at South West London and St George’s Mental Health NHS Trust with young adults. Since 2015 I have been focussing exclusively on my full-time private practice at Relational Space in Central London areas, and on my equine assisted therapy and learning in North London.
I am originally from Germany but have lived and worked in London since 1998. During 2017, I relocated to Cape Town, South Africa and I now run my clinical practice exclusively via online methods.
Right now, I live a few miles north of Cape Town on the beautiful West Coast right by the beach with a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog, three cats and my partner. This is from where most of my clinical work is now taking place. My horse is currently closer to where our equine assisted therapy and learning work is taking place near the beautiful mountains, close to Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschoek areas.
I am the founder and clinical director of ADADSU Ltd. (www.adadsu.com) and am an accredited Psychotherapist with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and registered with the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP). I am also a registered Equine Assisted Psychotherapist with LEAP, and licensed HeartMath® provider.
My education and qualifications are listed below:
* Diploma in Online Counselling and Psychotherapy, PWTA (currently in training, completion expected December 2017)
* Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Practitioner Certification, LEAP and EAGALA, UK
* Post-Graduate Diploma in Outcome-Oriented Psychotherapies, Awaken School of Outcome-oriented Psychotherapies, UK
* Family Constellations Therapy I Certificate, Jessica Riberi & Inge Grethe, Nordisk NLP Akademi, Denmark
* Level 4 Certificate in Counselling for Children, Place2Be Charity, London, UK
* HeartMath® Provider Training, HeartMath® Institute, London, UK
* Certificate in Self-Relations Therapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis, Generative Trance and Coaching, Stephen Gilligan, PhD, San Diego, California, USA
* Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy in Clinical Practice Certificate, BeeLeaf Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy
* Certificate in Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice™ (AFMCP™), Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM)
* Master NLP Practitioner & Coaching Certification, Awaken Consulting Ltd.
* BSc (Hons) Nutritional Therapy, first-class honours, Middlesex University
* Diploma in Nutritional Therapy, Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
* NLP Practitioner Certification, UK College of Personal Development (UKCPD)
* Dietary Educator Certificate, Centre for Nutrition Education & Lifestyle Management (CNELM)
* NLP Coaching Diploma, International NLP Trainers Association (INLPTA)
* Access Degree, Biochemistry, Middlesex University
* Economics Diploma, Heidelberg University
Professional Memberships & Registrations:
- British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
- Licensed HeartMath® Provider Register
- LEAP Registered Practitioner
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
LGBT issues, transitions, Expatriate counselling, relationships, trauma, psychosomatic complaints (unexplained conditions), pain management
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Equine therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Fees for individual online psychotherapy, hypnotherapy and coaching are £75-65 for a 50 minute session.
Online sessions for couples are charged at £110-95 per session.
If you feel this is difficult for you to afford, please do still speak to us so we can find the right solution for you. Some concession may be available depending on availability and on a case-by-case basis that will be agreed together in the first session. The first session assessment is charged at full rate. (For more information, please see http://adadsu.com/booking-fees/)
I offer an initial free 15 minute call or video call meeting so you can find out how it may work and before we start working together.
The ADADSU approach has been specifically designed to help our clients to ADapt, ADvance and SUcceed on their unique journeys to health, healing and wellbeing. I have created the ADADSU approach as it is not narrowly focused on one single therapeutic model, but draws on a variety of psychotherapeutic and complementary health approaches in an integrative and personalised way. We recognise that each of us is unique and can benefit from different things at different times in our lives. By honouring each person’s uniqueness, our integrative approach encourages individuals to safely, and at their own pace, find more balance within the mind-body-spirit system.
My philosophy is to honour and respect the uniqueness and individual needs of each human being. I value the interconnectedness on all levels, which include physical, emotional, psychological, social, cultural and spiritual aspects of life. Providing the best possible personalised solutions for my clients is an important aspect to help improve mind-body-spirit health and wellbeing. Values close to my heart are to commit to and encourage contribution, compassion, cooperation, creativity, and change.
My approach is not narrowly focused on one single therapeutic model, but draws on a variety of psychotherapeutic and complementary health approaches in an integrative and personalised way. I recognise that each person is unique and can benefit from different things at different times in their lives. A flexible and integrative approach encourages individuals to safely, and at their own pace, find more balance within the mind-body-spirit system.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Tuesdays to Thursdays 7:00-17:30 UK time.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|