Lance Karasava CBT therapist/EMDR MSc, BABCP accred.
I am a BABCP (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies) accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (CBT). I have been working in mental health for over 7 years. I provide 1:1 Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) for children, young people and adults experiencing emotional and psychological difficulties such as:
- Anxiety (including health anxiety and social anxiety)
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Work/exam stress
There is a great deal of scientific research evidence to show that both CBT and EMDR work effectively in treating a wide range of emotional and psychological problems as recommended by NICE (National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence).
Contact can be made via telephone or email where we can arrange a brief telephone consultation around what would be helpful and any questions you may have.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- University of East Anglia
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with children and young people- Anna Freud Centre (UCL)
- EMDR levels 1-3
- MSc Forensic Psychology- Nottingham Trent University
- BSc Psychology- University of Essex
- I have worked for the NHS since 2012 for both inpatient and community services.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£70 for Assessment and Treatment sessions.