I work with individuals providing long and short-term psychotherapy. Previously I have worked in various counselling settings including at Mind and a local hospice supporting a wide range of clients struggling with depression, anxiety, grief and other life crises. This has allowed me to work with people facing a wide range of difficulties. Having a background in design and philosophy, I am mindful of working the balance between ‘thinking’ and ‘expressing feelings’ depending on the clients’ needs. Your cultural background is important to me, and you can feel confident that I will keep an open mind and respect our differences.
I abide by the fundamental belief that people are “OK”, and that we have an intrinsic ability to grow and get better. I work with a relational model of psychotherapy. The relationship you have with me as your therapist is central to our work together. I see each client's experience as unique and valuable and I tailor my work based on your needs.
我是一名英國心理諮詢協會（BACP）的註冊心理諮詢師，專研人際溝通分析。我曾於不同的慈善機構工作，包括Mind及St. Joseph’s Hospice，為受抑鬱、焦慮、喪失之痛，以及其他人生危機等問題所苦的對象，提供支援和輔導服務。過程中我得以接觸不同背景，擁有不同故事的人們，讓我能更深入理解各種困局。我提供廣東話輔導服務。
Training, qualifications & experience
- Metanoia Institute - Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic counselling
- Minster Centre - Foundation in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Birkbeck College, University of London - MA Philosophy
My experience covers, but is not limited to the areas listed below:
• Mental Health – anxiety, low self-esteem, mood swings, self-destructive behaviour, depression, OCD, anger and rage, irritability
• Existential Difficulties – loss or lack of meaning in life, mid-life crisis, procrastination, isolation
• Relationships – jealousy, break-ups, separation anxiety, loneliness
• Career / Work Problems – unfulfilled potential, stress and burn-out, lack of confidence, communication problems
• Trauma and Abuse – PTSD, historical or recent abuse, complex trauma • Others – Sleep disruption, Immigration-related stress
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Weekly Individual therapy (long-term or short-term):
£55 per session (50 mins)
An initial session is required where we can discuss about what you need in therapy, this costs £40.
Concessions offered for
*Due to the current situation, I am also working online via Zoom.