Kishnama Shunmoogum Reg. MBACP Accredited
I am a Counsellor/Psychotherapist in private practice base in Croydon, Surrey. I am an experienced registered integrative MBACP counsellor/psychotherapist and supervisor with over 16 years experience.
I work with individual, couples, children age 11- 18, and their families. I can offer face- face, Skype, and telephone sessions to suit your preferences. My background is in nursing.
How can counselling help?
Very often in life we experience difficulties that affect our thoughts, beliefs and feelings that are unhelpful to us. Taking time to talk to an experience therapist will give you a better understanding of yourself and your situation.
My aim is to provide you with an emotionally secure space where you can feel supported enough to voice out difficult feelings and explore in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment what you may like to change.
My approach is integrative, which means I use a combination of theoretical approaches from my training. These include Person-Centered, Psychoanalytic, CBT (cognitive behavioral) and Systemic approaches depending on your, needs and presenting issue.
I can offer short term or long term therapy depending on client's need. I offer day and evening session and some Saturdays where necessary.
Often talking about what is worrying or concerning you is one of the best way toward finding resolution.
I work with clients seeking help with:
- Anxiety & Panic Attack
- Relationship Issue
- Low-Self Esteem & Confidence
- Mental Health Issue
- Work Issue
- And many more
What to expect from our sessions
Following your call, I will use our first session to explore what might be troubling you and how we may wish to work together. This will give us an opportunity to decide if counselling is the best approach to support you.
During our work together I will monitor, evaluate and review your progress regularly to help you over come any blind spot, and look at goals achieved.
Where am I located?
My practice is based in Central Croydon. You can reach me in five minutes by rail or tram from Wimbledon, Beckenham Junction, Elmers end, New addington, East Croydon and West Croydon.
You can also reach me by buses from East Croydon station bus number 466 and 119 or West Croydon bus number 198 and 194.
There is parking available on the drive.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons South Bank University (1999)
- Diploma Integrative Counselling (2002)
- Certificate in Solution Focus Therapy (2005)
- Level 6 Diploma in Clinical Supervision (2011)
- Foundation Degree Certificate in Systemic Family Practice (2009)
- Diploma in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming) (2009)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy (2008)
- Certificate in Equality & Diversity (2013)
- Certificate in Mental Health Awareness (2013)
- Diploma in Transpersonal Couple Counselling/ Psychotherapy at the CCPE. (completed in 2015)
I am accredited with the BACP and fully abide by their Code of Ethics for good practice in counselling/psychotherapy and supervision and I am committed to diversity and equality. I have indemnity cover and have been fully CRB checked.
As a practising therapist, I myself I am supervised regularly, and as part of my own development I attend regular counselling related training.
I have worked as a counsellor in various settings including:
- Private Rehabilitation Services working with adults suffering from mental health problems
- At the Bromley Y organisation working with children, adolescents and their families
- PCT primary care counsellor
- Bromley Community Counselling Service
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Service
- Victim Support
- Private Practice
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Cultural & Ethnicity Issues
- Family & Parenting Issues
- Corporate Work
- Couple Work
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
£40 a session for individuals and £55= for couples.
£25 per session for children age 11 to 16.
Concessions available for trainee counsellors.
I can accept payment by cash or cheque. I need 48 hours notice for cancellation to avoid being charged for miss session or late cancellation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
From 9 am to 8pm Monday to Friday. Saturday 9 to 1pm only
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My name is Kishnama.