Kimberley Wilson CPsychol - Monumental Health
The evidence for the role of nutrition in mental health is well-established yet most approaches to mental health issues focus only on the mind, looking at errors in thinking or attention, and miss the essential relationship between mind and body. It is now understood that nutrition is as essential to mental health as it is to physical health. At Monumental Health we address your brain's nutritional requirements as the foundation for better mental health and resilience. This comprehensive, personalised approach maximises your potential to make the most of your psychological therapy.
Monumental Health combines the latest research and principles of Nutritional Neuroscience and Nutritional Psychiatry with evidence-based psychological therapy. It presents the most complete approach to mental health available.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully Chartered and registered Psychologist and nutrition advisor. I have two Masters degrees, one in psychology and one in psychotherapy from the Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust, which has an international reputation for clinical and academic excellence. I am also an elected governor at the Trust.
Beyond my training I have extensive experience working at both ends of the social spectrum having created and led the therapy service in a large prison, undertaken clinical research in the City and work with legacy families. I have held several leadership roles, as well as running my own business so have particular experience with issues around work pressure, burnout, career anxiety, and the impact of work on relationships.
Applying the research evidence from the field of Nutritional Neuroscience my clinic offers a forward-thinking, fully-integrated and effective approach to mental wellbeing and optimal functioning.
- Dip; BA (Hons); PGDip; MSc; MA; CPsychol.
- Chartered Psychologist (British Psychological Society)
- Registered with Health & Care Professions Council
- Governor of the Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust – Specialist Mental Health Trust
- Former Chair of the British Psychological Society’s Training Committee in Counselling Psychology
- Former Lead of Primary Care Mental Health/Psychological Therapies at HMP & YOI Holloway, Europe’s Largest Women’s prison
- Former lead therapist of the North London Eating Disorders Group.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Nutrition, Diet, Nutritional Neuroscience, Nutritional Psychiatry, Leaky Gut, Inflammation, Nutritionist, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, CFS, ME, Boarding School, Food Issues, IBS, IBD,
Recognised by the following health insurers:
- AXA PPP
Self-funded: £125 (negotiable).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday & Tuesday
Types of client