Kimberley Pena MA RDMP
Kimberley is a registered and experienced Dance Movement Psychotherapist working in both the NHS and private sector. Passionate about supporting people finding ways in expressing and understanding themselves. It is through this understanding that healing is possible. Dance Movement Psychotherapy supports a re-connection of mind and body towards whole person health. Many of our mental illnesses are experienced directly through the body or subsequently impacted. Kimberley supports the body to support the mind, aware that we are living in society where the mind is overwhelmed on a daily basis.
Dance Movement Psychotherapy is accredited by the Association of Dance Movement Psychotherapy UK and is a recognised under UKCP.
My practice is an integrative approach with a person centred focus. My approach allows space for each session to adapt to the needs arising in the space, moving away from 'one size suits all' focus.
My practice is safe confidential space for this unfolding to begin. No experience in dance or movement is required just your presence in the space is enough.
For more information about my practice and client testimonials please visit my website.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters Degree in Dance Movement Psychotherapy at University of Roehampton
- National Training for Eating Disorders.
- The Body Mind Apporach Foundation Training
- 5 years plus experience of working in the NHS Mental health sector both within Adult and Child and Adolescent Mental Health services.
- Member of the last therapy team at Dance Voice U.K. Dance Movement Psychotherapy Centre working with people with profound physical and learning difficulties.
- Registered with ADMPUK under UKCP
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
£60 hourly rate.
Concessions available subject to income status.
Please contact me to discus options.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Currently available Thursday evenings and Friday day time and evenings. Please contact me for a free telephone consultation and to discuss session time availability.
Types of client