Kimberley Nann, MBACP, MBPsS (Psychotherapist, MSc., PgDip., BSc.)
Thank you for visiting my page. I know it can feel difficult taking the first step towards change, which is why it is so important to find a counsellor who is the right fit for you.
Are you looking to create more balance in your life or perhaps to develop a more compassionate relationship with yourself? I hope to provide a safe space and gentle approach to help you make sense of how you are feeling, and to support you in identifying your own way forward towards change.
I hope to provide a safe, confidential and welcoming therapeutic environment, alongside a professional and experienced service to support you in your journey - if you would like to find out a little more about me, or my practice, you are very welcome to get in touch.
Counselling at Meraki Therapies:
At Meraki Therapies I offer long-term and short-term online, video and telephone therapy, with a specific focus on the Person-Centred Approach to counselling. Other approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness may also inform the work we do together. Within my practice I encompass three core values which aim to encourage self-exploration and provide a space to talk openly. These values are: Empathy, Congruence and Unconditional Positive Regard.
Methods for counselling include:
Online counselling (instant messaging)
The Person-Centred Approach:
Person-Centred therapy provides the foundation for my work with clients. This approach aims to empower clients to connect with their own tendency towards healing and growth and facilitate change through the therapeutic relationship. Person-Centred therapy is a non-directive approach, which works to connect with the core and root-causes of emotional and psychological difficulties. If you would like to hear more about the approach, or if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Free Initial Consultation:
I know it can feel very difficult taking the first step towards change, and so I believe it is important to provide an opportunity to get to know your counsellor before beginning therapy. To support this, I offer an initial free 20-minute telephone consultation if this is something you would like to do.
I am originally from Southern Africa, where I grew up on our family farm. I enjoy long walks and running in nature, yoga and I will also try my hand at anything crafty! I have set up my private practice in the hope of supporting and empowering adults and young people to achieve emotional and psychological wellbeing through therapy.
I have always valued the importance of emotional and psychological support and aim to use my skills and training to support people in their journey towards personal growth and change. I hope to provide a confidential, professional and experienced service for individuals seeking support for emotional difficulties, life challenges, career development, or more complex psychological conditions.
I have experience working with both adults and young people, as well as specific issues such as Anxiety, Depression, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions at all,
Training, qualifications & experience
I have achieved the following qualifications and training to date:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology - The University of Stirling
- Master of Science in Counselling & Psychotherapy - The University of Strathclyde
- Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance & Development - Edinburgh Napier University
- Diploma in Life Coaching - The Blackford Centre
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills - West Lothian College
- Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling - The Counselling Tutor (currently undertaking)
- OCD Action Advanced Training - OCD Action E-Helpline Volunteer Training
- Psychological Resilience Training - The Therapeutic Counselling Services Group
- Coaching Skills In Career Development (Career Management Skills) - Skills Development Scotland
I am a Registered Member of the The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society.
Currently part of my work also involves providing online support and information to individuals and families across the world affected by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as an E-Helpline Volunteer with OCD Action. I also continue to work with young people in schools.
Previously, my experience also includes the following roles:
- School Counsellor - providing one to one therapy and group work to children and young people in schools with a local organisation
- Careers Guidance Counsellor - providing careers advice and guidance to adults and young people in various locations in Scotland and Southern Africa.
- Psychotherapist - I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of client groups within the third sector and the NHS.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Counselling for young people/ youth counselling/ adolescent counselling
- Work-life balance
- Lifestyle change
- Online counselling
- Video counselling
- Telephone counselling
£60.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
My fee structures is as follows:
- 20-minute introductory telephone call: FREE
- 50-minute initial consultation: £30
- 50-minute counselling sessions: £60
Please note that fees are payable 24hrs in advance of each session by bank transfer.
My appointment times are flexible, including evenings.
Some Benefits of Online & Telephone Counselling:
- Accessing therapy from your own home (or somewhere else you might find comfortable)
- Being able to write down your thoughts and feelings (eg. in email and instant messenger)
- Flexibility to choose how you engage with therapy
Due to a high demand for counselling, it is important to note that sessions may be cancelled no later than 24hrs before the appointment. Thereafter, the missed session will be charged at the full rate.