Kimberley Nann, MBACP, MBPsS (Psychotherapist, MSc., PgDip., BSc.)
Thank you for visiting my page. I know it can feel incredibly difficult taking the first step towards change, which is why it is so important to find a Counsellor who is the right fit for you. If you are looking for a safe, confidential and welcoming environment, alongside a professional and experienced service please get in touch to arrange an initial consultation.
Counselling at Meraki:
At Meraki I offer long-term and short-term therapy, with a specific focus on the Person-Centred Approach to counselling. Other approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Mindfulness may also inform the work we do together. Sessions involve a safe, comfortable and calming environment, which aims to encourage self-exploration and provide a space to talk openly.
I also understand that sometimes it can be difficult to attend sessions face-to-face for various reasons, and so I hope to provide the most convenient way possible for accessing therapy:
Alongside face-to-face sessions, I offer:
- Telephone counselling
- Video counselling
- Online counselling (Instant Messenger)
- Email counselling
Free Initial Consultation:
I know it can feel very difficult taking the first step towards change, and so I believe it is important to provide an opportunity to get to know your counsellor before beginning therapy. As such, I offer an initial free 20-minute telephone consultation if this is something you would like to do.
I have always valued the importance of emotional and psychological support and aim to use my skills and training to support people in their journey towards personal and professional growth and change. I hope to provide a confidential, professional and experienced service for individuals seeking support for emotional difficulties, life challenges, career development, or more complex psychological conditions.
I have experience working with both adults and young people, as well as specific issues such as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety and Depression.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions at all, I would be happy to talk things through with you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have achieved the following qualifications and training to date:
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Psychology - The University of Stirling
- Master of Science in Counselling & Psychotherapy - The University of Strathclyde
- Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Guidance & Development - Edinburgh Napier University
- Diploma in Life Coaching - The Blackford Centre
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills - West Lothian College
- OCD Action Advanced Training - OCD Action E-Helpline Volunteer Training
- Psychological Resilience Training - The Therapeutic Counselling Services Group
- Coaching Skills In Career Development (Career Management Skills) - Skills Development Scotland
I am a Registered Member of the The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society.
Part of my work also involves:
- Providing online support to individuals and families across the world affected by Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) as an E-Helpline Volunteer with OCD Action.
- Providing one to one therapy and group work to children and young people in schools as a School Counsellor with a local organisation
Alongside my education and training, I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of client groups within the third sector and the NHS. I have also had the opportunity to provide careers advice and guidance to adults and young people in various locations in Scotland and Southern Africa.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Counselling in schools
- Counselling for young people/ youth counselling/ adolescent counselling
- Career guidance and counselling
- Online counselling
- Video counselling
- Telephone counselling
Counselling and Psychotherapy:
- Face-to-face counselling (£45)
- Telephone counselling (£45)
- Online (video call) counselling (£45)
- Online (typed real-time) counselling (£35 - 1hr 15mins ; £45 - 1hr 30 mins)
- Email counselling (£35)
* Card payments are accepted
At Meraki, I also offer additional services:
- Career counselling & coaching
- Corporate career coaching and counselling packages
- Online counselling and coaching
Due to a high demand for counselling, it is important to note that sessions may be cancelled no later than 24hrs before the appointment. Thereafter, the missed session will be charged at the full rate.