Kim Byng MBACP
Hello my name is Kim, I am a qualified counsellor (Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling and MBACP) working in private practice. My background has been in working with clients affected by domestic abuse and crime, I have five years experience of working within charitable domestic abuse agencies and four years experience of working with victims of crime.
I have worked with clients experiencing a variety of issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, low confidence, self-harming, suicidal thoughts, bereavement and loss, abuse in childhood, bullying, attachment and abandonment issues.
Although I mainly practice Transactional Analysis, I draw on other therapeutic techniques if I feel they will benefit my client such as CBT, Solution Focused Therapy and Mindfulness.
I work within the ethical codes and guidance on good practice set out by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and UK Association for Transactional Analysis (UKATA).
Training, qualifications & experience
Over the last five years, I have worked extensively with clients affected by domestic abuse. My work has involved working both with clients individually and within a group setting. In addition, I have also worked with clients affected by the impact of crime within a voluntary setting.
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Counselling
- Counselling Skills Certificate
- Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Studies and Skills
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Counselling Studies
- Safeguarding - Children, Substance Misuse, Mental Health and Self Harm
- Solution Focussed Therapy
- Working with Men - Essential Skills for Groupwork Facilitators (Respect)
- Redecision Therapy Training
- Group Therapy Training
- Domestic Abuse Awareness (National Open College Network)
- Domestic Violence Training
- Core Training - Working with Victims of Crime
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
I initially offer a 60 minute session so we can meet to see whether you feel comfortable working with me and I can gain an understanding of what you are looking for from therapy, my charge for this session is £20. After that the session rates below apply
£40 per session for Individual Clients (60 Minutes)
£55 per session for Couples (90 Minutes)
£25 per session for group therapy (150 minutes - for 6 to 8 clients)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions available weekdays and some evenings
Types of client