Kevin Hamilton; MBACP (Accredited); BA Hons Counselling;
020 8673 8223 / 07732 849847
I work with individuals on either a short-term or long-term basis and am about a 5 minute walk from Balham station. I also provide telephone and on-line (skype/face-time) counselling.
I provide a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space where we can explore your thoughts, feelings and experiences in order to help you move forward. I integrate a range of theories with a practical, change-oriented approach. The process may, but not always, involve looking at your past, how this impacts on you in the present and to then examine ways of implementing change to help you feel better about yourself. My approach is pro-active with a focus on clarity, change and forward movement.
Many people I work with often feel overwhelmed by what they are experiencing or they have reached a point where they feel 'stuck' and cannot see a way forward. By working together, we can make sense of what’s going on for you and explore new ways of being to help you live a more productive, fulfilling life.
Typical issues I work with are:
- ABUSE: recent or historic sexual, physical or emotional abuse
- ANGER: explosive outbursts, bullying, mood swings, rage, violence
- ANXIETY: generalised anxiety, social anxiety, work related anxiety
- DEPRESSION: low mood, mood swings and recent or historic depressive episodes
- HIV: diagnosis, on-going losses and support, other related issues (e.g. disclosure, relationships, intimacy, safe sex, Hepatitis C co-infection)
- MID-LIFE CRISIS: lack or loss of meaning in life, low motivation, no sense of the future
- LOSS: abandonment, bereavement, ill-health, redundancy
- RELATIONSHIPS: conflicts, breakdown, lack of intimacy, sexual concerns, family problems, affairs, betrayal, cross cultural relationships
- SELF-ESTEEM: low self-confidence and low self-worth
- TRAUMA: crime related violence, domestic violence; sexual violence; male rape
- WORK RELATED PROBLEMS: stress, burn out, uncertainty about the future
I am an accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.bacp.co.uk) and adhere to their ethical framework for good practice. I am fully insured and, in line with best practice, my work is regularly supervised.
Appointments are available during the daytime or evenings. Timetabling of sessions is flexible to fit in with your schedule.
I have a successful track record in helping people overcome their difficulties and offer a FREE initial consultation. This will involve an exploration of your issue(s) and will also provide you with a sense of how it might be for us to work together.
I have worked with a number of organisations both pre and post qualifying. These include Balham Community Counselling Service (generic counselling), the Cara Trust (HIV charity), the NHS (Bereavement Service) and Victim Support (crime related support). I continue to work with the Cara Trust as a Clinical Supervisor. I am also the Training Manager for a counselling agency in North London, which provides professionally recognised training in counselling to Diploma level.
Training, qualifications & experience
● BA Hons Counselling (First Class)
● Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
● Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Supervision
● Certificate in Counselling Skills/Studies
● Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) training
● Neuro-Linguisitic Programming (NLP) training (including coaching)
● Trauma and Crisis training
● Intercultural training
● Sexual Diversity training
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
The initial consultation is free of charge.
● One-to-one sessions £45.00 (50 minutes)
● Telephone counselling £45.00 (50 minutes)
● On-line counselling (skype/face-time) £45.00 (50 minutes)
I also provide counselling to counsellors in training and counselling supervision and have some reduced fee places. Please enquire if you are training to become a counsellor, unemployed or on a low income.
Please ring me for a confidential discussion. If I am not available, please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Alternatively, please email me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime or evening
Types of client
Supervision & training
I hold a Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Supervision and provide supervision to individuals or groups. This may include face-to-face supervision, skype supervision or telephone supervision.