Hello my name is Kevin. I specialise in the treatment of trauma including accidents, medical trauma, work place and childhood bullying, domestic abuse, rape, sexual abuse and traumatic grief. I can also help you with depression, anxiety, worry, OCD, phobias, body and self esteem issues, chronic pain, porn and Internet addiction. I am an EMDR Consultant and Accredited CBT Psychotherapist with over thirty years’ experience in working in Mental Health within the NHS. Twenty of these have been in senior positions supervising and supporting the clinical practice of a wide range of psychological therapists.
EMDR is a therapy for PTSD aimed at symptom resolution and acceptance of what has happened. CBT offers effective treatment for a wide range of emotional health challenges. Both approaches have been recommended by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. CBT is delivered in a one hour session, whilst EMDR is normally a longer 1 1/2 hour session.
I am always happy to chat to potential clients over the phone, as they consider what might be the right therapy and therapist for them. I am happy to discuss supervision and how I can support accreditation with EMDR therapists. Please feel free to contact me to see if I can help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist and EMDR Europe Accredited EMDR Consultant
- MSc Psychological Therapies (CBT) 2007 ( University of Exeter)
- MA Counselling and Consultative Supervision (University of Wales)
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies 2004 (University of Plymouth)
- PG Diploma in Dramatherapy 2001 (Exeter University).
- PG Diploma in Community Health & Welfare 1996 (Portsmouth University)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling 1993 (West Sussex Institute of HE).
- Registered Mental Health Nurse 1989 (Dorset School of Nursing).
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
EMDR Association UK
Areas of counselling I deal with
£58 per hour CBT / EMDR 1 1/2 hrs £85 .