Hello my name is Kevin. I specialise in the treatment of trauma including accidents, medical trauma, work place and childhood bullying, domestic abuse, rape, sexual abuse and traumatic grief. I can also help you with depression, anxiety, worry, OCD, phobias, body and self esteem issues, chronic pain, porn and Internet addiction. I am an EMDR Consultant and Accredited CBT Psychotherapist with over thirty years’ experience in working in Mental Health within the NHS. Twenty of these have been in senior positions supervising and supporting the clinical practice of a wide range of psychological therapists.
EMDR is a therapy for PTSD aimed at symptom resolution and acceptance of what has happened. CBT offers effective treatment for a wide range of emotional health challenges. Both approaches have been recommended by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence. CBT is delivered in a one hour session, whilst EMDR is normally a longer 1 1/2 hour session.
I am always happy to chat to potential clients over the phone, as they consider what might be the right therapy and therapist for them. I am happy to discuss supervision and how I can support accreditation with EMDR therapists. Please feel free to contact me to see if I can help.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist and EMDR Europe Accredited EMDR Consultant
- MSc Psychological Therapies (CBT) 2007 ( University of Exeter)
- MA Counselling and Consultative Supervision (University of Wales)
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies 2004 (University of Plymouth)
- PG Diploma in Dramatherapy 2001 (Exeter University).
- PG Diploma in Community Health & Welfare 1996 (Portsmouth University)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling 1993 (West Sussex Institute of HE).
- Registered Mental Health Nurse 1989 (Dorset School of Nursing).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
£58 per hour CBT / EMDR 1 1/2 hrs £85 .
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am happy to discuss any additional needs with you. I can offer home visits if needed.
I offer daytime appointments, early morning and evenings as well as Friday afternoon and Saturday morning clinics to be accessible around working hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I enjoy supervision, having supervised a range of therapists over the last twenty years and hold an MA in Counselling Supervision and Consultation from the University of Wales as well as the IAPT High Intensity and PWP Supervision certificates from Exeter University.