I am a calm, very experienced, professionally trained and qualified, Accredited and Registered Psychotherapeutic Counsellor offering an open and individual counselling approach, utilising differing counselling methodology, including Hypnotherapy, as appropriate to you.
I work in a multi faceted way, utilising many differing methods, ideas and theories as appropriate to the individual situation and to you.
I currently work with...
Individuals, couples, groups, families and adolescents, and offer a broadly Humanisitic, Person-Centred approach, my whole ethos being one of non judgemental unconditional positive regard, combined with empathic understanding and an open and engaging Listening style.
There are many different counselling and psychotherapeutic models and methods of working, and all can be effective in their own way. Through therapeutic discussion, we will seek out the most effective model/s for you....and go from there.
I have current experience of assisting individuals, couples, groups, families & adolescents (Enhanced DBS Holder) explore issues such as;
- Anxiety and Generalised Anxiety Disorders (GAD), Relationship Issues, Depression & Depressive Disorders, Bi-Polar Disorder (Manic Depression), Panic Disorders (Panic Attacks), Fears & Phobias, Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), Post Natal Depression
- Couples Issues, Separation, Divorce, Betrayals & Affairs, Family and Family / Child Relationship Issues, Attachment Issues, Domestic & Intimate Partner Violence, Abuse, Coercion & Control.
- Addictions and Addictive Behaviour/s of all Kinds, Substance Misuse, Anger Management & Awareness, Assertiveness, OCD, PTSD, Personality Disorders, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / ME.
- Abusive Situations of all Kinds including Historical Childhood Sexual Abuse, Bereavement & Loss, Stress, Self Harm, Sex / Sexuality & Gender Issues, Self Esteem and Confidence, Self Awareness, Work / Life Balance, Physical Illness...
The above list is not exhaustive, so if you don't see what you are looking for, please make contact with me to discuss your specific needs.....it will be no problem at all.
I Believe...that we all have a story to tell, an important story, a unique and individual story of our own lives, our own memories, feelings and experiences, as only we can truly tell it.
And whether it concerns the Past, the Present or looks towards the Future you would like to have....I am here to Listen to your Story, enabling and empowering you to become the person you were always meant to be.
Where and When...
My warm and comfortable consulting room is centrally located in Mid / Central Suffolk, 'twixt Framlingham, Debenham and Eye, where I offer a private, safe, affordable & accessible service, individually designed around you.
I am privately located, with ample 'off road' secure parking, and a comfortable waiting room with toilet facilities for any accompanying person/s.
Hours of Work.... Monday to Saturday, by prior appointment. Whenever possible, subject to availability, I will endeavour to offer you appointment times and/or days that suit your availability.
Professional Associations....Counselling and Psychotherapy. As a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP) and The International Healing Fellowship (TIHF) I agree to be bound by their respective codes of Ethical Conduct.
I am also a founder member of The International Healing Fellowship, a Suffolk based 'not for profit' organisation run by volunteers, all of whom seek to alleviate the 'dis-stress & dis-ease' of the individuals they work with.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Counselling, West Suffolk College 1995 • Diploma in Counselling, West Suffolk College 1996/97 • 2 Year Foundation Certificate/Diploma in Healing - MTIHF • Reiki Level 1, 2 and Mastership Practitioner • Diploma in Hypnotherapy • Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling • Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling • British Psychological Society (BPS London) Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision . Freedom Programme (domestic abuse awareness) Trainer / Facilitator, (Enhanced DBS Holder) Registered MBACP / Registered MTIHF
Approx. 4,500 'counselling hours' over 20 years, in various settings ie Individuals, Families & Groups, Couples, Employee Support, Private Practice, Charities, Multi Agency Counsellor, Adult Education Tutor / Trainer & University Lecturer in Integrative Counselling (Insights into Counselling programme at University of Suffolk)
ADAPT - Angry Driver Awareness Programme/Training. To understand the impact that unresolved / subconscious anger has on normal day to day activities, such as your driving.
Continual Professional Development Workshops and Seminars over last 12 months including - Trauma, Loss, Childhood Sexual Abuse, Addiction & Substance Misuse, Domestic Abuse / Violence in Adults and Teens, FGM, Honour Based Violence, Motivational Interviewing, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Relational Abuse affecting Young People, Stimulants & Ketamine Misuse, Alcohol Screening & Interventions, Signs & Symptoms of Drug use in Young People, Nature .v. Nurture, Domestic Violence & Abuse Focus Group. Freedom Programme Facilitator training. Signs of Safety / Domestic Violence Risk Assessment. New Psychoactive Substances training, Attachment Process research.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
COUNSELLING SUPERVISION - INFORMATION
My supervisory aim is to provide a safe, warm, secure, reflective, contractual space in which you feel welcomed, supported and encouraged regarding all aspects of your work and life.
My work, training and 'life experience' allows me to bring managerial, clinical and complementary approaches to the supervisory relationship, allowing an in depth analysis of current concerns and/or practice.
I work hard to provide a 'relational space' in which reactions, comments, challenges, feelings and two-way feedback can all be openly shared, whilst using an eclectic approach brings flexibility to the supervision process.
This flexibility allows the supervisory process to be open to working with a wide range of counselling practitioners, sharing knowledge and experience from different frameworks and modalities.
I believe that it is very important to build a restorative and supportive element within the supervisory relationship, and I work hard to provide this.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC COUNSELLING - APPLICABLE FEES.
- 15 minute Initial Telephone Consultation - FREE OF CHARGE
- £30 - for your 60 minute Counselling Session/s - either individually or couples - Mon / Fri 08.30 to 18.00 inclusive.
- Concessionary 60 minute sessions are also available 09.00 to 17.00, Monday to Friday, for those who qualify.
PAYMENT DETAILS FOR COUNSELLING and CLINICAL SUPERVISION
- Payment can be made by either cash or cheque at time of appointment. Alternatively, by BACS transfer 24 hrs prior to your appointment commencing.
CLINICAL SUPERVISION - APPLICABLE FEES
- £40 per 90 minute supervisory session - Mon / Fri - 08.30 to 18.00 inclusive.
- Concessions are available if applicable to your individual circumstance.
Monday-Saturday – by Appointment
No full disabled facilities - but easy ground floor access to counselling room and toilet
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
Ground floor access to counselling room and toilet + comfortable waiting area for any accompanying person/s.
Monday to Friday, by prior appointment. Whenever possible, subject to availability, I will endeavour to offer you appointment times and/or days that suit your availability.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
My supervisory aim is to provide a safe, warm, secure, reflective, contractual space in which you feel welcomed, supported and encouraged regarding all aspects of your work and life. .