It can be a very difficult decision to make, to reach out for support, and support from a stranger at that.
It can be even more difficult to reach out for support from those around us in our everyday lives, and that is why sometimes it can be helpful to talk to someone that is not emotionally attached to us or the things we want to talk about.
I aim to offer you a safe, non-judgemental and confidential space in which you can explore the areas of your life that may be causing you difficulty, or any areas that you feel you may not have processed properly, past or present.
No amount of qualifications can tell you how you feel and that is why I see this as an equal partnership, in which we learn together, with your thoughts, your feelings and your experiences being at the centre of that journey.
Please feel free to call or email to arrange an initial consultation in which you can decide how you wish to go forward.
Training, qualifications & experience
- AIM Awards Level 5 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling Practice
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Prof.Dip.Psy.C)
- AIM Awards Level 3 Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- AIM Awards Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Skills and Theory
- AIM Awards Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Trauma Focussed CBT for Children and Young People with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) (Anna Freud Centre)
- Introductory workshop on understanding sexual violence and supporting survivors (Cambridge Rape Crisis)
- Working with Adult Survivors of Child Abuse in a Trauma Informed Way
- PODS working with Relational Trauma: Dealing with Disorganised Attachment
- RESPECT running groups for men using intimate partner violence
- RESPECT two day risk assessment training for men using intimate partner violence
- DAIP Duluth Minesota - Creating a Process of Change for Men who Batter: Comprehensive Training
- LSCB Child protection
- LSCB Suicide and Self Harm
- Awareness of Forced Marriages
- DASV Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Female Genital Mutilation - Recognising and Preventing (Home Office)
- Suicide Talk (Living Works)
- Prevent Duty
- Non Violence Resistance (NVR) (CAMHS) training for trainers (programme for child to parent violence)
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- Level 3 teaching assistant
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Equality and Diversity
- Rape and Sexual violence training (Cambridge Rape Crisis)
- The Survivors Trust Practitioner for Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (OCN)
- Safeguarding Adults and the Mental Capacity Act (Cambridgshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Adults and Children Boards)
- Understanding ABC programme, Supporting people with relationships and sexual health (dhiverse)
- Online Risk and Resilience (MindEd)
- Gender Variant Children and Trans Adolescents
- Suicide Prevention (Zero Suicide Alliance)
- Suicide Prevention (eLH)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have worked with families around their experiences of domestic abuse and sexual violence for many years, specialising in this area.
I am trained and experienced in delivering programmes around changing abusive behaviours towards partners, and working with mothers and children that have experienced domestic violence.
I have had a long history of working with children and young people in schools, more recently working with children and young people affected by all types of crime, from burglary to arson.
I have also facilitated programmes around confidence building, and stress and anger management, working with a range of different people and different ages, with the belief in everybody's future, working towards those changes that move towards improving life.
£35 for each 50 min session