Katy Tucker BACP Dip. Couns.
I am a qualified and professionally trained counsellor with a warm and caring approach. I am based in Farnham town centre and am available for daytime and limited evening and weekend appointments. I offer individual counselling to adults and teenagers aged 16 and over.
I have experience of working with both adults and young people 16+ with issues such as stress, generalised anxiety disorder, depression, self-esteem, bereavement, relationship and family issues. I can offer you a calm space in a comfortable environment, where you may explore your feelings and emotions.
Finding the strength to come to counselling may feel like a big step, but often it is helpful to talk to a trained professional who is not emotionally connected to you. Sometimes life is challenging and it is hard to cope alone. We can find ourselves facing things which leave us feeling sad, confused, anxious, angry, stuck or isolated.
I will be there to listen to your concerns and fears, and I will empathise with you. As a 'humanistic' therapist I will be led by you and will support you to find your own way forward. As human beings we are all unique and you are the expert on you. Counselling can provide the private space to reflect on those emotional struggles and over time help you reach a place of understanding, growth and fulfillment.
I am passionate about the benefits of talking therapy and believe that reflecting on dilemmas and exploring life events can help you recognise the choices you have and to move towards a place of change, with an increased sense of self-awareness and resilience.
I offer individual, face to face counselling to adults and teenagers aged 16 and over, on an open ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your life and live it more fully.
If you are looking for warm and professional counselling support I am available for daytime and limited evening appointments. Email, Text or call for a free telephone consultation to see how counselling can help you and to answer any questions you may have and so that we can decide if we would like to work together.
I look forward to your call or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
NCFE Level 3 Counselling Skills and Theory
NCFE Level 2 Helping Skills
BA (Hons) Psychology, Sociology, English
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychology (BACP) and I adhere to their Ethical Framework.
- I am currently a volunteer counsellor at a local hospice and have experience of supporting family members who have lost a loved one and those living with a family member with a terminal illness.
- I have experience of counselling young people (16+) at a local sixth form college supporting with anxiety, depression, low self esteem, family dynamics, suicidal thoughts, autism and Asperger's.
- I have a background in a higher educational setting and a wealth of experience in Special Educational Needs, in particular Autism and Asperger Syndrome.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Exam related stress
- Family dynamics
Photos & videos
- I offer a free telephone consultation so we can decide if we would like to work together and to provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
- £50 per 50 minute session, payable by cash or card within each session.
- Less than 24 hours notice of cancellation will incur the full fee.
My counselling practice is based at 'The Eaves' in Farnham town centre, above Robert Dyas; walking distance from the train station and accessible from Aldershot, Godalming, Guildford, Farnborough and Fleet.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- I am available for daytime and limited weekend and evening appointments.
Types of client