Katrina Waller : Couple and Family Psychotherapist
I am a specialist Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of counselling couples and families.
Key to the way I work is helping couples and families to foster more fulfilling relationships by:
- Learning how to do less of what is unhelpful and more of what is helpful for their relationship
- Developing skills in effective communication
- Understanding how to successfully navigate their conflicts and dilemmas.
I provide a safe, non-blaming, and non-judgemental space for couples and families to work through their problems and dilemmas.
When it comes to making important decisions, such as a couple deciding whether to stay together or separate, I have no agenda other than to be as useful as I can be in enabling my clients to better understand themselves, their situation, and their possibilities. This provides clients with insight and a guide for making their own important decisions.
I have expertise in working with heterosexual and LGBT couples who are experiencing:-
- Ongoing and unresolved conflicts
- Difficulties in communication
- Impact of one partner suffering from depression/other mental health issues
- Considering separation and/or divorce
- Issues around anger, abuse and/or violence in the relationship
- Challenges of having different backgrounds/cultures
- Sexual tensions/difficulties
- Moving on from infidelity
- Demands of new baby/extended family/step-children on the couple relationship.
I have expertise in working with families who are experiencing:-
- Challenging, worrying and/or upsetting behaviour of a child/teenager
- Coping with new and unsettling circumstances
- Becoming a step-family
- Living with the impact of separation and/or divorce
- Impact of a relocation to a new country or area of the UK.
Alongside my private practice I have worked for the NHS in adult mental health services and have many years experience of working with couples and families where a partner or other family member has experienced, or is experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression or psychosis.
Training, qualifications & experience
PG Diploma in Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapy
Accredited member of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
Member of AFT (Association for Family Therapy)
Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist in Adult Mental Health: North East London NHS Trust
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Face to face consultations : £100 for 55 minutes ; £130 for 90 minutes
Online consultations : £80 for 55 minutes ; £100 for 90 minutes
From my 20 plus years experience as a specialist couple and family psychotherapist I recommend doing 90 minute sessions at fortnightly or three weekly intervals. This means that clients have to attend fewer sessions overall.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|