Katrina Waller : ONLINE Couple and Family Psychotherapist
I am a specialist Couple and Family Psychotherapist with over 20 years experience of counselling couples and families. Currently I am able to offer online couple therapy sessions only.
Key to the way I work is helping couples and families to foster more fulfilling relationships by:
- Learning how to do more of what is helpful and less of what is unhelpful for their relationship
- Developing skills in effective communication
- Understanding how to successfully navigate their conflicts and dilemmas.
I provide a safe, non-blaming, and non-judgemental space for couples and families to work through their problems and dilemmas.
When it comes to making important decisions, such as a couple deciding whether to stay together or separate, I have no agenda other than to be as useful as I can be in enabling my clients to better understand themselves, their situation, and their possibilities. This provides clients with insight and a guide for making their own important decisions.
I have expertise in working with heterosexual and LGBT couples who are experiencing:-
- Ongoing and unresolved conflicts
- Difficulties in communication
- Impact of one partner suffering from depression/other mental health issues
- Considering separation and/or divorce
- Issues around anger, abuse and/or violence in the relationship
- Challenges of having different backgrounds/cultures
- Sexual tensions/difficulties
- Moving on from infidelity
- Demands of new baby/extended family/step-children on the couple relationship.
I have expertise in working with families who are experiencing:-
- Challenging, worrying and/or upsetting behaviour of a child/teenager
- Coping with new and unsettling circumstances
- Becoming a step-family
- Living with the impact of separation and/or divorce
- Impact of a relocation to a new country or area of the UK.
Alongside my private practice I have worked for the NHS in adult mental health services and have many years experience of working with couples and families where a partner or other family member has experienced, or is experiencing mental health difficulties such as depression or psychosis.
Training, qualifications & experience
PG Diploma in Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapy
Accredited member of UKCP (UK Council for Psychotherapy)
Member of AFT (Association for Family Therapy)
Systemic Couple & Family Psychotherapist in Adult Mental Health: North East London NHS Trust
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Online consultations : Currently £100 for 90 minutes which will increase to £120 in June 2021
From my 20 plus years experience as a specialist couple and family psychotherapist I recommend doing 90 minute sessions at fortnightly intervals. This means that clients have to attend fewer sessions overall.
ONLINE ONLY AT PRESENT
Mon 8.00am to 7.00pm
Tues & Weds 8.00am - 4.00pm