Dr Katie Jackson (Topp), Chartered Clinical Psychologist
The Grey Matters Centre
308a Ashby Road
The Snaith & Rawcliffe Medical Group
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Psychological therapy allows time and space for you to reflect on and work through difficult life experiences e.g. traumatic events. This means that it is important for you find the right therapist to suit your individual needs.
I work with people to build a strong working alliance and together we think about how best to cope with your circumstances.
I offer psychological therapy for a range of difficulties including anxiety, depression, PTSD, relationship difficulties, phobias and medically unexplained symptoms to name a few. Sometimes you won't necessarily have a 'name' for your difficulties and that's fine. I work with people to think about how they have arrived at the place they are in today and how we take steps to move forward.
Everyone I see will have a tailored psychological assessment at the beginning of their therapy journey and we will establish clear goals to work towards.
I am happy to offer:
- Trauma focused therapy
- Integrative psychological therapy
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a degree in Psychology (BSc) and a doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology (ClinPsyD).
- I am a chartered member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and am registered as a practitioner psychologist with the HCPC.
- I am a qualified EMDR therapist and have specialist knowledge and experience in the field of adult trauma.
- I offer expert witness work and have been trained by Bond Solon.
- I work in both the NHS (secondary mental health services) and private practice.
- I qualified as a Doctor of Clinical Psychology in 2015.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
Please contact me to discuss my fees.
I accept privately funded individuals and private health / medical insurance.
I also work with a number of insurance companies, so please let me know if you are being funded by any of the above.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am-8pm Wednesday 7-8pm Thursday 7-8pm
Types of client