Kathy Osborne MA Psych UKCP
If you’ve arrived here, you're most likely contemplating some kind of change in your life. You might have decided that you can’t carry on as you are, or you may be curious to find out more about yourself. I hope I can help you with either.
I am an Integrative Relational Supervisor, Counsellor and Psychotherapist working near Braintree & Chelmsford in Essex. I am committed to offering my clients a confidential, supportive and non-judgemental environment in which to work through whatever is challenging them. Over the years I have experienced how counselling and psychotherapy can help deliver real life changes.
I begin my work with each person from a framework informed by the idea of Trauma and Recovery. I start in this way because I trust this framework to be a holding, ethical and compassionate way of working. Instead of asking "What's wrong with you?" we will work together to explore how what has happened in your past could still be affecting the way in which you're living life today. I am a member of The Relational School of Psychotherapy as both my professional experience and current psychological research confirms the relationship between therapist and client to be the defining factor in successful psychotherapy and counselling.
I am currently an EMDR Therapist in Training. I am offering Low Cost EMDR Therapy during my training and accreditation period. Please get in touch for further information about this.
I offer short term psychotherapy, which can be 6 to 12 sessions and I also offer open ended psychotherapy, exploring the underlying issues behind present concerns at greater depth.
Training, qualifications & experience
- European EMDR Accredited Practitioner Training - EMDRWorks (ongoing)
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- M.A Integrative Psychotherapy -The Minster Centre & Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy - The Minster Centre
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling - The Minster Centre
- Foundation in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy - The Minster Centre
- Embodied Theory - Ian Morrow
- Basic Mentalisation Certificate - Anna Freud Centre
- Yoga Alliance UK Accredited Yoga Teacher (RYT500hrs)
- Accredited Yoga Therapist for Mental Health - The Minded Institute
- Master Practitioner NLP (Dr Susi Strang & assocs)
- Clinical Hypnotherapist (Dr Susi Strang & assocs)
I run my own successful private practice near Braintree & Chelmsford in Essex. I also hold the post of Honorary Psychotherapist for a leading legal advice charity in the East End of London. I work for Matrix College of Counselling and Psychotherapy as a Lecturer and Year 3 Programme Lead on their BSc in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
I practice and teach Mindfulness and other aspects of Trauma Informed Yoga which I include within a therapy session when appropriate.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Bipolar disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I offer a sliding scale per therapeutic hour, determined by your employment status and the time of day that you choose to attend.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to discuss.
Types of client
Supervision & training
I offer Clinical Supervision for counselling and psychotherapy students and also for experienced professionals.