At times we may feel overwhelmed and unable to cope with the demands of life. Relationships with family, friends or work colleagues may be strained leaving us feeling unhappy anxious or depressed. When it feels as though life is getting on top of us, having a safe place to talk with a qualified counsellor can help move our lives forward.
Those first steps, deciding to seek support, finding a counsellor and the initial contact can be daunting. Finding a therapist who is a good fit for you is crucial so I offer a free 30 minute assessment where you can achieve a sense of how our sessions might feel and how we might work together.
I am a qualified, experienced Integrative Counsellor offering a confidential, non-judgemental counselling service for adults and young people (16+). Working remotely via telephone or video calls, I can offer convenient, more flexible session timings accommodating those whose working hours may not conform to the traditional working day.
I believe we each have individual and unique needs and as an Integrative Counsellor, I am able to draw from a range of approaches to best suit the needs of each individual client. However, I view therapy as a collaborative process where working together we can raise awareness around any issues you may be currently facing, as well as working through any historic, unresolved issues which still impact your life and well-being today.
Achieving raised awareness and clarity about your situation through therapy, can offer a new perspective. Better understanding of yourself and how you relate to others can improve your sense of well-being and enable you to take more control of your life and the choices you make.
Complimentary Initial Session
Taking those first steps, deciding to seek support, finding a counsellor and the initial visit can all be rather daunting. Feeling comfortable and able to work together with your chosen counsellor is crucial, and should you decide to see a few counsellors to help you decide who is the best fit for you, costs can mount. With this in mind, I make no charge for the initial 30 minute assessment where hopefully, you can establish whether you feel comfortable, achieve a sense of how our sessions might feel as well as how we might work together.
If you feel I can help you, do get in touch by email or telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Integrative Counselling (First)
- DipHE Humanistic Gestalt Counselling (Distinction)
- ABC (Level 3) Counselling Skills (Pass)
- BACP - Working with Health Professionals as clients during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- BACP - How to do counselling online: a coronavirus primer
- Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling.
- Cruse Bereavement Care Training - Working with Grief: A Toolkit
- GAMCARE training - Working with Problem Gambling - Induction
- Counselling Clients Who Have Experienced Domestic Abuse
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
- The Initial Assessment lasting between 30 and 50 minutes is offered free of charge.
- Subsequent individual counselling sessions lasting 50 minutes, are charged at £45.00.
- Should you need to cancel any sessions, 24 hours noticed is required. Less than 24 hours notice, will incur the full fee.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, payable in advance.
Sessions are usually held weekly, and at the same time. They last for 50 minutes and are offered on a one to one basis.
- Initial contact can be made via email or telephone. Subsequent sessions will be conducted remotely either via telephone or video call.
Sessions are conducted via telephone or video call.
- In accordance with BACP guidelines, my work is regularly supervised.
- I am DBS checked and fully insured.
- Counselling sessions are currently conducted online or via the telephone.