Kathy Lock, DipHE, BA (Hons), MBACP.
At times we may feel overwhelmed and unable to cope with life's demands. Relationships with family, friends or work colleagues may be strained leaving us feeling unhappy anxious or depressed. When life feels as though its getting on top of us, taking some time-out and having a safe place to talk with a qualified counsellor can help move our lives forward.
I am a fully qualified, experienced Integrative Counsellor offering a confidential, non-judgemental counselling service for adults and young people (16+). I practise from a comfortable, safe environment in the centre of Romsey within easy reach of Winchester, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Southampton and surrounding areas. On-site parking is available and free of charge.
I believe we each have individual and unique needs and my approach enables me to draw from a wide range of counselling models to suit each client. Working together, we can raise awareness around any issues you may be currently facing, as well as working through any historic, unresolved issues that still impact your life and well-being today.
Achieving raised awareness and clarity about your situation through therapy, can offer a new perspective. Better understanding of yourself and how you relate to others can improve your sense of well-being and enable you to take more control of your life and the choices you make.
Complimentary Initial Session
Taking those first steps, deciding to seep support, finding a counsellor and the initial visit can all be rather daunting. Feeling comfortable and able to work together with your chosen counsellor is crucial. Should you decide to see a few counsellors to help you decide who is the best fit for you, costs can mount, so I make no charge for the initial consultation which lasts between 30 and 50 minutes. This complimentary session with no obligation, gives us an opportunity to meet, touch on what has brought you to counselling, and give us both a sense of how we might work together.
If you feel I can help you, do get in touch by email or telephone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Humanistic Integrative Counselling (First)
- DipHE Humanistic Gestalt Counselling (Distinction)
- ABC (Level 3) Counselling Skills (Pass)
- Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care Training - Working with Grief: A Toolkit
- GAMCARE training - Working with Problem Gambling - Induction
- Counselling Clients Who Have Experienced Domestic Abuse
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- The Initial Assessment lasting between 30 and 50 minutes is offered free of charge.
- Subsequent individual counselling sessions lasting 50 minutes, are charged at £45.00.
- Should you need to cancel any sessions, 24 hours noticed is required. Less than 24 hours notice, will incur the full fee.
- Payment can be made by cash or bank transfer, payable in advance or during the session. Receipts will be given.
Sessions are usually held weekly, and at the same time. They last for 50 minutes and are offered on a one to one basis.
- Initial contact can be made via email or telephone.
- Subsequent sessions are held face to face.
- In accordance with BACP guidelines, my work is regularly supervised.
- I am DBS checked and fully insured.
- Counselling sessions are held in Romsey, Hampshire.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|