Hello, I’m Kathy, I am a caring and compassionate person and I understand first-hand how hard it can be to reach out for help and support. I want you to know that you are not alone and acknowledge the courage needed to take this first step in looking for support.
Perhaps you are struggling to cope right now, feeling distressed or having difficulty processing your thoughts and feelings. I can offer you a safe space that is free of judgement where together we can explore any issues that you are facing.
I offer face-to-face sessions in the comfort of a private therapy room on the Nostell Estate. Nostell is easily accessible from Wakefield, Barnsley, Leeds and Pontefract, the M62 and A1 are close by.
I have significant experience working as a neonatal intensive care nurse, supporting families to care for and bond with their sick or preterm babies. I have also supported many families with the loss of a baby and feel passionate about providing support to parents in this situation.
My clinical experience within the NHS means that I understand how there is often a connection between our physical health and our mental well-being. Having worked clinically throughout the pandemic I have a deep understanding of the pressures that healthcare workers are facing and feel that I could support you if you are struggling with work related issues.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Level 3 counselling skills
- Level 4 diploma in therapeutic counselling
- Walk and Talk Therapy Training
- Panacea Project® Practitioner Training - Trauma Informed
- Member of the BACP
- Extensive experience working as a senior nurse in the neonatal intensive care setting
- Extensive experience supporting families with sick or preterm babies and baby loss
You can find more information about me and the services I offer at www.newhopetherapies.co.uk
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £35.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
- Face-to-face - £50 for each 50-minute session
- Individual remote - £45 for each 50-minute session, which will be conducted online or by telephone
- Walk and Talk - £50 for each 50-minute session
- Organisations - £50 for each 50-minute session, usually booked in blocks of 6-12
- Blue light workers - £35 for each 50-minute online/telephone session or £40 for each 50-minute face-to-face or walk and talk session
- Students - £35 for each 50-minute online/telephone session or £40 for each 50-minute walk and talk session