Kathleen Hudnott (CPsychol)(MBACP)(HPC)
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist and offer therapy to individuals for a wide range of issues. I do not give advice but I offer a confidential service to help clients gain more understanding and awareness of their problems and patterns of behaviour, in order to find better ways of coping and managing difficulties in their daily lives.
I have been in practice since 2004. My previous experience includes working in GP practices with the NHS, the Prison service, Employee Assistance Providers, including BUPA Psychological Services and private work.
My private practice is based in Wimbledon near the station.
I offer both short and long term therapy for a wide range of issues, including depression, anxiety, stress/anger management, relationship difficulties, abuse, bereavement, work related and personal issues and self esteem.
I have been trained in person centred, CBT and psychodynamic approaches. I would describe myself as having an integrative philosophy but as every client is unique I would draw from whichever approach would be appropriate for each individual.
- I am accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- A member of the British Association of Counselling Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) and abide by their code of ethics.
I believe counselling allows an opportunity to explore in a secure, non judgemental and confidential environment to what is happening in a person's life. To be given the space to explore distressing thoughts and feelings which are shared and acknowledged and understood can enable patterns of behaviour to be addressed and changes made to resolve difficulties and take back control in one's life. I offer a partnership of confidence where clients can gain more understanding and self awareness in order to find better ways of coping, managing difficulties and feeling more empowered to make healthier choices and decisions in their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Chartered Counselling Psychologist (Cpsychol)
- Masters of Science (MSc)(University of Surrey)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology (University of Surrey)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (University of Surrey)
- Member of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Chartered Psychologist Division of Counselling Psychology
- Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) - Counselling Psychologist
- Member of the British Association of Counselling Practitioners (MBACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
£65.00 per 50 minutes session for individuals in the Wimbeldon, SW19 area.
Appointments are face to face, either weekly, fortnightly, or at the client's convenience.
*I offer some concessions for trainee therapists.
As a Chartered Counselling Psychologist, I subscribe to the Code Of Ethics of the British Psychological Society (BPS).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client