Hi, my name is Kath I am an Integrative Counsellor from a person centre base. This means that I use a variety of techniques from different counselling models tailoring them to fit your individual needs. I offer individual and couples counselling.
I aim to provide you with a safe environment in which you can feel comfortable to talk through your issues, or share your story with myself. This will be at your own pace as each person’s or couples counselling journey is unique to them. I will offer you respect, warmth and confidentially during your journey supporting you to better understand yourself, your relationships with others and empowering you to realise what choices you have and between us looking at how you can put these choices or changes into practice in your own life.
Seeking professional counselling can be frightening and overwhelming, I feel it is important that you feel comfortable and able to talk freely with your chosen counsellor. For this reason, I offer a free initial informal telephone consultation, to ensure that we are the right fit for each other and that you will get the most out of your sessions.
I offer open ending counselling which means you can access counselling for the time you need, either short term or longer depending on your needs, we will assess this at regular intervals.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Counselling - Staffordshire University
- FdSc counselling - Staffordshire University
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling – Riverside College
- Level 2 Counselling Skill
- Level 1 Health Awareness
- Suicide Awareness
- Safe Guarding Vulnerable Adults and Children
- Eating Disorders Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
- Full Clean Disclosure and Barring Service Check (CRB)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- £35 per hour. Discounts for block bookings are available please ask for further details.
- Limited sessions available at a discount for pensioners and people on low pay please ask for availability.
- £45 per hour for couples. Discounts for block bookings available, please ask for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
After 2 pm until 8.00pm Monday to Sunday
Types of client