Kate Wadsworth PGDip MBACP
I am a qualified Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I can offer a safe, confidential, non-judgemental space to explore issues that may be impacting on your life and relationships. We all have the potential for healing and growth and therapy can provide an environment that supports both.
My approach is strengths-based, collaborative and at your pace. You can contact me by e-mail, phone or text if you would like to ask any questions or to arrange an initial session. This will allow you to determine whether I am the right therapist for you. We can then decide how therapy might progress.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate Counselling Skills
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Intensive Training
- Engaging with individuals who have been sexually abused
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Strengths- Based Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- CBT New Paradigm for working with Personality Disorder
- Treatment of Neuro-Developmental Disorders (ASD & ADHD)
I have experience in a range of settings, including primary healthcare providing brief therapy, longer term work with individuals who have experienced sexual trauma and also long term work in both inpatient and community mental health services.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
I charge £45 for a 50 minute session
As a member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) adhere to their ethical framework. I receive regular supervision from a BACP accredited supervisor.
Please feel free to contact me via e-mail or telephone/text - 07790407605.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client