I am a fully qualified and experienced UKCP registered integrative psychotherapist with 15 years of experience working in the NHS and in private practice. Being an integrative therapist means that I will use different approaches from different therapy models to best suit your needs. As well as my initial integrative training I have trained in CBT, EMDR, mindfulness and sensorimotor psychotherapy.
While I work with a wide range of issues, I have particular experience and interest in working with people who have experienced trauma and who still experience the after effects of trauma, including dissociation.
I offer short and long term therapy to adults and young people, and when we meet for your initial assessment appointment we can discuss the possible length of therapy and we can agree on the approach and focus of our work together.
I abide by the UKCP code of ethics and professional conduct, and I hold a full professional insurance.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc integrative psychotherapy (Metanoia/Middlesex University)
- Post-graduate diploma in CBT and evidence based psychological therapies (Reading University)
- EMDR Europe accredited EMDR therapist
- Sensorimotor therapy level 1
- Accredited breathworks mindfulness teacher
- Cruse bereavement counsellor
- Capacitar trauma training
I take my continuous professional development seriously and I attend seminars and conferences regularly to keep my knowledge and practice updated. In the past year I have attended the EMDR UK Conference, Jim Knipe EMDR Toolbox and Laurell Parnell Attachment Focused EMDR and Janina Fisher webinar on the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma.
Experience: I have 15 years of experience of working with adults and young people both abroad and in the UK. I have worked in private practice, NHS and in a residential centre for people who have experienced trauma and experience dissociation and dissociative identity disorder (DID). I work with individuals and I also teach mindfulness in private groups and for the Recovery College in Reading.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Appointments are usually 50 minutes long (although some EMDR processing sessions may be longer). My fee for a session is £75.
I offer a number of reduced fee places for students and people on a low income.
I am registered with the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) and I am accredited by Breathworks as a Mindfulness Teacher and by EMDR Europe as an EMDR therapist.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|