Kate Holcombe (MSc psych, CTA, dip children's psych, BA Hons)
Castell-nedd Port Talbot
We are all unique. No person has the exact same worries or difficulties. As a psychotherapist, I am trained to understand humanity, and at times, its universality. This helps to set a framework for what I do. However, it is in each person’s uniqueness that my work is grounded, and so I take a creative approach to therapy. I am looking for who you are and what you need as well as reflecting on what I can offer. While someone may need to come and talk, others may appreciate a more creative way of working; some yoga and mindfulness or even a walk in the woods.
I understand that many different things bring people into therapy and so I cultivate a safe and peaceful environment from which to explore, discover, create and perhaps consider something new.
If you would like an initial conversation about what is going on for you and what you are looking for, then please call or email me using the details above.
What I offer:
- Psychotherapy sessions with adults and young people.
- Play therapy sessions with children.
- Parental consultation.
- Yoga based psychotherapy for children and adults who have experienced trauma (particularly physical and sexual abuse).
- Creative psychotherapy sessions
- Woodland walking psychotherapy sessions
- Group psychotherapy for children and adults.
- Couples psychotherapy
- Psychotherapeutic reading groups
- Supervision for working psychotherapeutically with children
- Consultation for professionals or families living or working with children who have suffered complex trauma.
I have been working in various settings with both children and adults, individually and in groups, for nine years. I have particular experience in the following sectors:
- Over five years of working with children and adults who have been sexually abused.
- Over five years of working with complex trauma in children, with a particular interest in children in foster care, adoption and attachment disorders.
- Over five years of working with people with Bipolar, particularly in self-management techniques and coping strategies
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People (Iron Mill College, Exeter)
- Qualified Yoga Teacher (Rishikesh, India – ratified by Yoga Alliance)
- MSc in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London)
- Fully Qualified Certified Transactional Analyst (Metanoia Institute, London)
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Metanoia Institute, London)
- Four years advanced clinical training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Psyche Institute, Manchester
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
My fees are £40 an hour. I also offer concessionary rates for those who need it.
My private practice is based in a tranquil, semi-rural setting just outside of Neath. There is plenty of parking on the road outside and a bus route with links to Swansea, Neath and Merthyr Tydfil.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both evening and daytime appointments.
Types of client