Kate Green, Postgrad Cert, Registered Counsellor
I am a Relate-trained couple counsellor with more than 10 years' experience. I work with couples and individuals who want to explore their relationship.
It can be painful and confusing when we find ourselves stuck in negative patterns in our relationship. Reactivity and anger, resentment and withdrawal are all natural responses when we feel criticised, blamed or misunderstood by our partner. However, there is hope of real change.
Emotion-focused relationship counselling can provide a safe space to explore and express difficult feelings and fears in a way that enables you both to understand, hear and respond to each other in a new way. It is not a magic cure; it always requires courage and commitment on both sides for real change to happen.
I will offer warm, non-judgmental support for this journey together.
The following are some of the areas where seeing a relationship counsellor can be helpful:
- when you feel distant from each other and want to regain a sense of closeness and connection
- when you are aware of negative patterns when you try to talk to one another that seem to land you up in the same difficult place each time
- if you are struggling to rebuild trust and reconcile, for example after an affair
- when it feels as if you are seeing things very differently from one another and would like help to communicate
If you would like to get in touch with me there is no obligation to book an appointment. It is important to find a counsellor that you feel comfortable with, so our first meeting together would be exploratory.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained with Relate and worked for this organisation as a relationship counsellor for more than 10 years.
- Certificate in Counselling (Psychodynamic / Person-Centred)
- Skills Diploma in Counselling (Psychodynamic)
- Relate Graduate Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Post-Graduate Certificate (Level 7) in Systemic Practice (IFT)
- Core Skills Training in Emotion-Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Certificate in Pastoral Care
Areas of counselling I deal with
Couples £45 per session, individuals £40 per session
For more information, or to arrange an initial consultation meeting, please email me or you can also call or text me on 07756 377961.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently work on Tuesdays in the centre of Colchester.
Types of client