Kate Coffey MA Integrative Psychotherapy UKCP Acc.
Brighton Therapy Practice
9A Princes Street
07950 260 555
I am trained as an integrative psychotherapist and have a holistic, body-orientated approach in Brighton.
If you come to me for a session, in addition to talking about an issue, we may explore things through imagery, sensation, impulse and paying attention to how the body communicates. It does not involve hands-on work, like massage for example, but clients are sometimes invited to lie down during a session which can help them become less analytic and more embodied.
In my experience when we pay attention to our body and mind together, we can help bring about profound shifts and change. It is based on the theory that therapeutic change, rather than being something abstract and analytic, is a here-and-now, embodied and felt experience.
I have worked for some years both in private practice and as an in-house counsellor at Transport for London, where I specialised in working with trauma, using a body-orientated approach.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy (MA) The Minster Centre and Middlesex University
- Accredited and registered as a psychotherapist with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP Acc.)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Adv Dip) The Minster Centre
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Pg Dip) The Minster Centre
- Diploma in Regression Therapy (Dip RT) The Regression Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Hypnotherapy (Ad Ct Hyp) The Regression Academy
- Yoga Therapist for Mental Health, accredited by Yoga Alliance UK (RYT 200hrs) The Minded Institute
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for more info.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|