Kate Coffey MA Integrative Psychotherapy UKCP Acc.
07950 260 555
I am trained as an integrative psychotherapist and I offer short-term therapy with a holistic, body-orientated approach in Peckham Rye.
If you come to me for a session, in addition to talking about an issue, we may explore things through imagery and symbolism, sensation, impulse and paying attention to how the body communicates. It does not involve hands-on work, like massage for example, but clients are sometimes invited to lie down during a session which can help them become less analytic and more embodied.
In my experience when we pay attention to our body and mind as a whole system we can help bring about profound shifts and change. It is based on the theory that therapeutic change, rather than being something abstract and analytic, is a here-and-now, embodied and felt experience.
I have worked for some years both in private practice and as an in-house counsellor at Transport for London, where I specialised in working with trauma, using a body-orientated approach.
I offer short-term therapy both face-to-face and online. Therapy can often feel a bit daunting so I offer a free phone call prior to arranging an initial session, if you want it. This is for us to talk briefly about the issues, for us to identify the best way forward and arrange a face-to-face consultation.
For more information on me and how I work please visit my website: www.katecoffey.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy (MA) The Minster Centre and Middlesex University
- Accredited and registered as a psychotherapist with UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP Acc.)
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Adv Dip) The Minster Centre
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Pg Dip) The Minster Centre
- Diploma in Regression Therapy (Dip RT) The Regression Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Hypnotherapy (Ad Ct Hyp) The Regression Academy
- Yoga Therapist for Mental Health, accredited by Yoga Alliance UK (RYT 200hrs) The Minded Institute
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me for more info.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|