Karen Yorke Counsellor M.B.A.C.P
Firstly thank you for reading my profile. I appreciate how difficult it can be to choose a counsellor suitable for your needs.I have counselling rooms available in Worksop that have a safe,secure,confidential and calming environment. I am also available for telephone counselling as the need to talk does not always happen during office hours.
I am experienced in working with those who are grieving owing to a loss of a loved one and other areas such as sexual abuse,domestic abuse,anxiety,depression,mental health and other issues that at times can be overwhelming especially if you feel alone or unable to talk to those close to you. It is hoped that together we are able to explore both your current situation and emotions you may be experiencing. Therapy can provide you with your own personal coping strategies to enable a positive move forward at your own pace.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and as such work within the B.A.C.P. ethical framework for the counselling professions. I also have regular monthly supervision from a qualified counselling supervisor in accordance within the B.A.C.P. Ethical framework. I have a calm down to earth manner and work with both an empathic and non judgmental approach. Sessions are always client led and I offer a professional and confidential service.We would normally meet weekly however,this is dependent to your own requirements.We will review the work we are doing at regular intervals allowing a chance to discuss how the therapeutic relationship is progressing. If you wish to contact me this can be done via email,txt,or phone call using the number and address provided.
"To be allowed to enter a strangers world is a privilege. To be trusted with confidential information as the relationship develops is an immense honour" (Juliet Higdon)
Thank you for reading my profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Counselling Practicum and Psychodynamic Theory
- N.C.F.E. Counselling Skills and Theory Person Centred
- B.A.C.P Certificate of Proficiency
- Diploma Applied Social Science
- Ascentis Acreditation Bereavment Care
- Cruse foundation level Bereavment Care
- Cruse foundation level Children's grief
- N.H.S. Foundation Certificate safeguarding adults
- Mental Health first aid
- Child Protection
- Q.C.F. City and Guilds Dementia Care (level 3)
- Safe guarding children abuse and neglect
- Motivational interviewing
- Managing pressure effectively
- Understanding self harm
- N.L.C. End of life
- Nottinghamshire Women's Aid Introduction to Safeguarding Children and Early Help Assesment Briefing
- Nottingham Women's Aid Domestic Abuse Awareness (level 3)
- Adult safeguarding
I have a background of working with adults in criminal justice, public and social care environments for over 20 years.I hold a enhanced disclosure and barring service records certificate. I recognise the importance of continuing to access further training with regards to my own development, this also enables that my skills and capabilities will contribute to empowering and enabling change with my clients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Individual sessions £30 (50mins)
Business/Organisation £30 (50mins) plus travel if applicable.
Couples £45 (50mins)
Any cancellations made less than 48 hrs 50% of the applicable fee will be charged.
If cancelled more than 48 hrs I will try to reschedule with no extra charge.
If you wish to make an appointment, or need to ask any questions regarding the counselling process you can either ring,text or email me. If I am unable to take your call please leave a name and contact no so I am able to return your call. The counselling room is a short walk from Worksop bus station and there is a council car park less than 50 yards away.
If any difficulties with mobility/travel please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss other options available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available weekdays, evenings and some weekends if required for appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|