I am a Humanistic and Integrative counsellor and psychotherapist based in Warwickshire. I work with individual adults to support and guide them in dealing with issues affecting their emotional well-being and mental health.
What can counselling help with?
I believe each and every one of us has the potential for growth and personal development. However, sometimes circumstances and experiences throughout life can hinder this process. Perhaps you are experiencing painful emotions or a difficult life event, dissatisfaction with your life or relationships, or feelings of stress, anxiety or depression that you are struggling to cope with.
What can you expect from me?
I will work with you to explore and understand your difficulties, offering you a genuine, safe and supportive relationship in which to do this. From this you may experience new ways of being and identify and move towards healthier ways of being in relationship with yourself, others and life.
My humanistic and integrative approach encompasses an attitude of respect and empathy with an awareness of the relational nature of human beings. My approach is rooted in my understanding and belief that our individual experiences in relation to significant others, particularly during childhood, impacts our psychological development and emotional well-being.
How will I work with you?
I aspire to offer to all of my clients the following in my therapeutic approach:
* Respect, empathy, acceptance, transparency, attentive care and support.
* Your autonomy is important and will be encouraged throughout our work together. I do not work to a medical model, and will not therefore offer diagnosis. Instead I am interested in understanding you and your unique, personal experience.
* A holistic focus - exploring and seeking to integrate an awareness of your whole being, including your affective (feelings and emotions), cognitive (thoughts), behavioural and physiological experience.
* Attention to your relational needs and a commitment to be real and genuine as myself in relationship with you. The quality of the therapeutic relationship between us is a very important part of our work and fundamental to the likely effectiveness of counselling and psychotherapy.
* Space to explore and draw personal meanings in relation to your experiences from childhood and the impact of these on your current life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I trained at The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute (Nottingham) and am fully qualified with a BSc Degree in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy awarded by Staffordshire University. I am a registered member and uphold the values and commitments of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I have experience of working with clients in the voluntary and non-profit sector, alongside my private practice. I have worked with clients on a short-, mid- and long-term basis.
My experience includes supporting clients with:
- Depression and low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Post-natal depression
- Emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- Climate-related stress and anxiety
- Impact of unresolved issues from childhood on here-and-now living.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
My standard fees are £45.00 per session.
If you would like more information about me and my approach, or to make an appointment, please visit my website: www.karensismey.com, or contact me by telephone: 07480 063920 or email me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please note appointments are available within the following hours:
Tuesdays: 9.45am - 3pm
Wednesdays: 9.45am - 3pm
A limited number of evening appointments may also be available.
Types of client